21. Lyrics

Hope everybodys happy with how this is going?

Haydrian's lyrics are from Close Those Sad Eyes by Beautiful Grim.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iyden's ears hurt- his head started to spin and he felt so sick. Haydrian was in his room, and his music was blearing out of his speakers. It was obnoxious; loud and insufferable.

There was a small creak, and Iyden's door opened. There stood Haydrian, smiling widely and holding his notebook.

"Hey, I need a word that rhyms with dead."

"Head, bed, lead..."

"Bed. Thanks buddy."

"It's okay....um, could you turn the music down a little?"

Haydrian stuck his tongue out.

"Sure." he said, and shut the door behind him.

**

As soon as Haydrian's music was turned off, the door bell rang. Iyden rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around himself. He hated all the noise that happened now. Ever since he'd started getting a little better, trusting people a little more, getting used to life...Haydrian had been making noise.

A year in a celler, dark and cold and silent, had made him sensitive.

Extreme noise frightened him.

Crowds of people panicked him.

Normal situations confused him.

Light hurt.

He hated life, or what life had become, for him.

Iyden closed his eyes, and listened as the band filed into their house one by one. He could hear Ron's loud voice echoing off the walls as he went into the kitchen to get a pair of chopsticks- he could drum with them.

"BUDDDYYY! WE'RE PRACTISING NOW!" came Haydrian's invasive voice, and the sound of amps being turned on vibrated through the floor.

"OKAY!" Iyden screamed back, and covered his head with a pillow in an attempt to shut out the noise.

**

"Dude, you got new lyrics?" asked James, the lead guitarist, as they finished their cover of Mr Brightside by The Killers. Haydrian shrugged, taking off his guitar and leaning over to get his notebook. He flipped through the pages, and then sighed.

"I've got one...but it's grim."

"Eh, no offence mate, but most of them are." Ron sniggered, and Haydrian gave him the middle finger, but laughed lightly. It was true that nearly all of his lyrics revolved around his drepression, or how he thought Iyden felt...those things were grim.

Haydrian cleared his throat.

"Close those sad sad eyes girl,
and let your feelings wash away,
Bring up nothing more than what you want to say,
So close those sad sad eyes girl,
realise your way,
I hope it all passes by my love,
and hope you it flies away
Now close your sad sad eyes girl,
and forget about your sad sad day."

George wiped away a fake tear and slapped Haydrian on the back.

"You're really a great poet, Hay." he mumbled, and Haydrian gave a small, sad smile.