SECOND LEAD SYNDROME

For all the drama fans out there, how can you not relate?

Second Lead Syndrome is the heart-wrenching realization that you are a heck of a lot more interested in the secondary characters rather than the main character. They may have a dark past that prompts you to ask “How?” and “Why?”. They may have a twisted personality that makes it extremely fun to read (but probably not want to have). They may just be a lot more exciting to read about.

Second Lead Syndrome, aka SLS.  We have all suffered from it, except for the precious few who prefer the self-centered jerk that is commonly known as the one true love of the main lead. What makes a Second Lead so desirable?  Most often it is because he is so much sweeter than the main lead.  He often treats the main lead like a princess instead of a servant.   And he never gets the girl, which just makes him more pitiful to us readers.

There are varying levels that the Second lead will go to try to get the girl though.  They don’t always just give up.  I have three categories for the Second Lead.  The one who tries too hard.  The one who doesn’t try hard enough.  And my favorite, the one who silently longs without ever confessing his love.

Isa ako sa mga nakaranas nang ganitong sakit dati noong baguhan pa ako sa wattpad. Lahat nang nababasa kong story sa second male lead ako kinikilig. Haha!

Nandyan si Ren Salvador, Jigs Bala, Third Kristof Adams, and many more. Kilala mo pa ba sila?

Ikaw naranasan mo na ba ang ganitong sakit? Sinong second male lead ang nagpakilig sayo?