Chapter 2

Warning: Mature language/swearing

Anyways, I hope you all will like this chapter!

Nico POV:
I walked through the big doors which was the schools main entrance. Students were everywhere, and I tried to walk trough the halls without bumping into someone or attracting any attention. Unfortunately I was not that lucky today.

"Hey, Faggot" a voice yelled from behind me, a voice I knew all too well. I closed my eyes and sighed before turning around towards the person the voice belonged to. It was Luke, of course. Who else could it fucking be.

Luke hadn't changed much since last year. He was still taller than me, by a lot, but he wasn't freakishly tall. He had blond buzz cut hair and his eyes were a cold, icy blue.

He was wearing a t-shirt with the school's logo on it, probably to let all the freshmen know just how cool he was since he was on the football team. Although everyone know he wasn't much of an athlete and mostly sat on the bench.

"I didn't expect to see you here this year, wortgless creep", he said with a stupid smirk on his face. "Maybe I didn't punch you hard enough, huh?" It looked like he was going to punch me, but the school bell rang, saving my ass for now.

"You were lucky this time, di Angelo", he said my last name in an overly exaggerated Italian accent. As he turned around and walked away, I gave his back two middle fingers. I felt my eyes watering with frustration but quickly blinked them away as I walked to my first class of today, English.

~

English was my favorite subject, except art, and it was basically the only enjoyable thing about school. I loved writing and reading. I used to read most of the time I didn't had school work to do. It wasn't like I had a lot of friends to hang out with so books had practically become my life at this point.

I walked into the classroom and found a set in the very back. The desk was old and full of doodles, but I sat down anyways and took a book out of my backpack. The teacher wasn't here yet so I opened it and began to read as I waited. My English teacher, Mr. Smith, always used to come a few minutes late for lessons anyways. He was old, but was the only teacher I could actually stand.

A few pages later I head the teacher enter the classroom. I picked up my book mark but froze when I heard a familiar voice. A voice I'd never expected to hear here, now.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Mr. Solace", the voice said and I froze. "and I'm your new English teacher" I looked up and a pair bright, sky blue eyes met mine.

I stared at him for a moment, at his tanned, freckled face and the soft, blond curls. A few days ago my hands had been tangled in the exactly same curls.

My mouth dropped and my eyes widened as I stared at Will. He stared back at me, just as confused and shocked. Our eyes were locked for a second, before he realized that the entire class were looking at his confused. Will, or Mr. Solace, coughed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I-eh... I just realized I forgot the papers I was going to hand out." He said, scratching the back of his neck. "Good first impression, huh?" I could tell that he was lying, but  apparently no one else seemed to care. He turned to the blackboard and started to write something like nothing had happened. When he was done there were 8 letters on the board written in cursive.

M R . S O L A C E

He quickly glanced at me one more time before continuing the lecture, properly introducing himself to the class.

~

The bell rang, signalizing that the class were over. I started to pack up my stuff, grabbed my backpack and walked out of the classroom like everyone else.  My head couldn't fully wrap around what had just happened and I felt kind of dizzy. I needed to get out of here and find a silent place where I could process all of this.

I was one of the last people to leave the classroom and as I headed out the door I could hear Will behind me.

"Nico, wait–", he said tentatively. I ignored him and walked out of the door without even looking at him.

I walked to the bathroom in the schools basement. No one ever used to come here so I knew I would be alone which was all I wanted right now. I sat down on one of the old, dirty toilets and looked at all the writing on the walls: random words, declarations of love, swear words, drawings, a lot of genitals.

I sighed and put my head in my hands. Why, I thought. Why can't I have nice things in my life. Just for once? Now I had finally found someone that seemed to like me back but then, of course, he had to be my fucking teacher. For the love of God, why!

I heard foot steps and looked up. In front of me stood three persons, the last three persons I wanted to see right now. In front of me stood Luke with his two minions, Octavian and Drew. He looking down at me with an evil grin on his face.

"Awww, why are you crying, weirdo" he asked, no sympaty in his voice. He pulled me up from where I was seated on the toilet and pushed me against the wall. My head hit the tiles and black spots appeared before my eyes as Luke punched me my stomach. It felt like my intestines were going to fall out of my mouth and I started to feel dizzy. I fell over on the floor and he kicked me one more time in my stomach, so I blacked out.