Chapter 10

Nico's POV:

We made it to the movie in time. We sat in the very back of the cinema to avoid getting noticed in case anyone we knew came in, but also for–you know–other reasons...

And, again, I had not seen any of the previous Avergers movies so I didn't understand much of it. Will seemed to have enjoyed it though. He tried to explain to me what was going on the best he could, but I was totally lost with all the names and powers. However I loved listening to Will taking about it. He was such a nerd, even more so than me, and I love it. I mean, he is an English teacher. Isn't it kind of his job to be nerdy?

At one point during the movie, when Will was trying to explain who the big, purple guy was, a guy in the row in front of us turned around and asked us to be more quiet. Will and I looked at each other and was trying not to laugh. Will let out a grunting sound in his attempt to not laugh

As we walked out of the cinema when to film had ended, the guy who asked us to be quiet shot us an annoyed glare before walking out. Oopsie?

We walked outside and the mild autumn air washed over us like the breath of an angel. The sun had already set, although it was not yet dark. A chill wind ruffled Will's golden hair and he brushed a lock away from his face. A few dead leaves were lifted off of the ground, rattling at our feet. I suddenly became lightly nauseaus. Something felt off, however I couldn't pin down exactly what it was, which bothered me.

Will and I walked hand in hand down the sidewalk as it became darker and darker outside. On our way back to Will's car we took a walk through a park. Although the park was not huge, the trees did the best they could to hide the fact that we still were in the middle of a city. On either side of the path, the trees braided their branches together over our heads. Autumn leaves were falling down now and then, leaving the trees bare and naked.

"I've never been to this part of the city before" Will said, breaking the silence.

"Really?" I looked up at him in surprise. "My mum used to take my sister and I her all the time when we were little. It was right after we had moved to America and we used to eat at this amazing Italian restaurant." I smiled at the memory and Will lovingly squeezed my hand.

"Do you know if the place is still open?"

"I'm not sure actually, but it was over 10 years ago. It's probably shut down" I said. "It's a shame, because they had the best spaghetti ever."

At this Will laughed. "I'm serious! Have you ever tasted real Italian pasta?"

"No, is it good?" Will asked.

"If it's good?" I put a hand on my chest pretending to be offended. "It's amazing! You need to try it. I can make it some time."

"I didn't know you could cook?" Will teased.

"I mean, only pasta, but in my defense I make some dam good spaghetti."

"Deal" Will laughed.

We ended up driving back to Will's apartment. Since it was Friday, it wasn't like I had school tomorrow anyways. And I also knew my father would come home sometime around now and I really did not want to deal with all of that right now. I could always just sneak in after he's fell asleep, like I'd done so many times before. It's not like he cares about where I am or when I come home. Or if I come home.

"You want something to eat?" Will asked as he opens the refrigerator. "I have some leftover Chinese food if you want"

"How can I say no to such a great offer?" I said sarcastically. Will just rolled his eyes and took out two plates from the cabinet. He places the food on the plates and went over sit next to me in one of the couches.

We talked for a while about everything and nothing. It was nice just spending time with Will, not worrying about school or people seeing us together. I felt safe here, away from my dad and from Luke and his friends.

"Why don't you have a TV?" I asked after a while. We had come in on the topic of Will moving here from Texas and I had realized Will actually didn't have a TV.

"I just haven't had the time to buy it yet" Will confessed with a laugh. "And I didn't bring the one I had back in Texas"

"Can't you just ask you parents to send it to you or something?" I ask, curious about Will's life back in Texas. He never talked much about it.

"I'm not really on good terms with my family in Texas so" he shrugged, like it was nothing. "Besides, I guess I never was the 'watching TV all the time' type of guy. I would much rather read a book than watch TV as a child."

"Well that explains why you're a English teacher" I said and shoved some noodles into my mouth. Will put a hand on his chest in an overdramatic way. "I'm deeply offended"

"Calm down, English is my favourite subject, you know," I said and winked. At this, of course, Will wiggled his eyebrows and I started to blush.

"You're cute when you blush" He said and kissed my nose, then my lips.

–––––––
Finally an update!

I'm sorry it has been so long guys. School has been crazy the past weeks but now I have a week off from school and I hope to update more as soon as possible

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you have some ideas you want for this book, I'm open for suggestions.❤️

-Aleks