Chapter 3

Will POV:

*a little over a week later*

The whole school was empty and silent. All the students had gone home and I was just finishing up the last of my preparations for tomorrows lesson before heading home as well. It was weird being at the school alone and I wanted to get out of there as fast as i could and go home for the day.

I was startled by a careful knock on the door as I was packing up my stuff. The door slowly opened and I looked up surprised to see Nico standing in the doorway. It was at least an hour after school was over and everyone else had gone home. What was he doing here?

"Hallo," he said careful as he took a step inside the classroom and closed the door. "Can we talk?"

«Nico, eh hi. Sure, take a seat» I said. My bein was still on teacher mode and at first I thought he just had a question about English. Then I realized that was probably not the case. None of us said anything until he finally broke the silence.

"What are we going to do" he asked. I knew exactly what he meant but unfortunately I didn't have an answer. I had been asked myself the same question since I found out he was my student. "I don't know if I can sit in class calling you 'Mr. Solace' and pretend to not know you" Nico continued. It was a hint of anger in his voice but it was mostly frustration.

I carefully took his hands in mine and said:
"Nico, the first time I saw you I knew you were special. And I really like you but now..." I paused for a second, looking down. "Now you are my student. I think you are right, this is not a good idea."

"No that's not what I meant, I just-" he protested but stopped himself. He looked torn for a moment before sighing. "No, no you're right. This was a bad idea. Goodbye, Mr. Solace." The way he called me Mr. Solace instead of Will made my heart ace, as if someone was pulling on my heartstrings. It just did not feel right, ending things between us like this.

"Nico, wait," I said but he didn't turn around. On instinct I grab his shoulder to stop him from leaving. "Please, Nico, just listen for a sec-" Nico cried out in pain, tears appearing in the corners of his closed eyes. I immediately let go of his hand.

"Nico! What's wrong?!" I asked terrified.

"Nothing, I'm fine," he snatched back, holding his arm, but I knew he was lying. I lifted the sleeve of his t-shirt to reveal a big bruise on his shoulder, as if someone had hit him really hard. He flinched and took a step back. "Don't touche me!" he said angry.

"Nico, if someone hurts you-! I said, but he cut me off. "No, I'm fine."

"I can see you are not fine Nico." I said, not giving in. "I can help..."

"No. No you can't. You don't know me!" he said, raising his voice. "You don't know anything and I don't want your help. Maybe it's good we are done then. I hate you" he said before turning around with teary eyes, storming out of the classroom. I knew better than t run after him, but my chest still felt empty. It was like Nico had ripped my heart out of my chest and ran off with it. Did he really hate me?

❤️❤️❤️

-Aleks