Chapter 4

What's this? Another chapter? Yay!

Sorry it took so long to write but I had a lot going in at school, but now I have Easter break so I'll try to update more often;)

——————————

Nico PVO:

I walked into my house. It was quiet so I assumed nobody was home like usually. Most mornings my father left before I even woke up and didn't come home before late. When he eventually came home he was so tired of work he often just fell asleep right away, and sometimes he even came home a little drunk. He wasn't really a big part of my life and I mostly took care of myself. He payed the bills and bought food, but that was about it when it came to being a father.

I had no other family except my half-sister Hazel, but she had moved to Los Angeles with her boyfriend for collage. My mother had died when I was a little kid. I don't remember much about her, and I quickly learnt not to ask my dad about her. I'd also had a sister, but she died when I was ten. Even though my father had never said it, I knew he blamed me for her death. One time, a few years ago, when he was really drunk, i'd heard him mumble something along the lines of it should have been me instead of her. And I blamed myself for her death too, and always have. I hated myself for what happened that day, but it didn't really helped that my dad hated me too.

I closed the door behind me and walked upstairs to my room. I dumped down on my bed and let out a long sigh. Was it really over with Will? Wouldn't breaking up just make this whole situation even more complicated. I wasn't sure if I could pretend I didn't know him before, but now I knew it would be impossible. The only thing worse than being in a relationship with your teacher is to have broken up with your teacher.  I'd seen the hurt in his eyes whenI said I hated him. I can't see that same hurt every time I goto class.

I laid my head in my hands and took a deep breath. What was I going to do? Was there even anything I could do? I really, really wanted to be with Will, and even though we hadn't spend much time together I had developed strong feelings for him. It was like in all those stories where you meet The One and you just instantly know, you know.

No, I told myself. No, we've broken up. we can not see each other, it's illegal. Literally! But still...

I sighed again and laid down on my bed. I looked at the watch on my nightstand: 8 pm. Suddenly I heard the door opening and closing, followed by some heavy footsteps. I assumed it was my dad so I walked downstairs to see why he home early.

When I walked into the living room I saw my dad on the couch. He was laying with his face down in a pillow, which looked pretty pathetic. I could smell the alcohol all the way from where I stood in the doorway. He was drunk again, which at this point was not a surprise anymore.

"Dad?" I tried. He slowly lifted his head from his pillow and looked at me. His face was confused at first, but all of a sudden it turned to anger.

"You," he nearly shouted. "It's your fault". I was so shocked that I couldn't move. Most nights like these he would just ignore my existence.

"What?"

"It should've been you," he said, getting up from the couch walking closer to me. "She would have been here if it wasn't for your stupidity!"

It was hard to understand him because of the alcohol, but I knew he was talking about my sister and how she'd died while trying to save me. I felt my eyes watered and a single tear ran down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away but more tears appeared. Then my sadness then turned to anger, anger at my father for accusing me for her death.

"Me?" I yelled at him. "It should have been me? You don't think I blame myself for this already? I don't need you to blame me for it to!" I knew it was a bad idea to yell at him while he was drunk but in that moment I didn't give a shit.