~3. The Guardians~

"Aury!" I hear above me. I look up to see a not so happy Jack, that isn't good.

"Hey Jack. What's up?" I ask with a small smile, I don't know if I should tell him.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news." He says while landing in front of me.

"What is it?" I ask tilting my head out of confusion.

"I'm sorry but..I can't give you your memories. You have to be a guardian.." He says with a heavy sigh.

"Oh...It's okay. I understand." I say putting on a fake smile. Of course I understand, but it still hurts.

"Are you sure? I really hate that I had to give you this news."

"Yeah, don't worry, you can't control it."

"Okay, but I'm still sorry." He hugs me, I smile and hug back.

"Hey Jack?"

"Yes?"

"Can I tell you something?" I ask a bit fearful to bring it up, I don't know why though, this is important for him to know.

"Of course!"

"Well I was sitting here and--" I was cut off.

"Um Aury, I'm really sorry to stop you, but the northern lights." Jack points to the sky, I turn to see the northern lights.

"I have to go, but I'll come back so you can finish what you had to tell me, okay?" He says.

"Yeah, go and do your thing." I give a small smile again. He flies off, I look at him as he disappears in the night.

"So much for that." I mutter.

~Jack's POV~

I really feel bad that I had to leave Aury like that, It's like I've already caused her so much pain.
I arrive at the north pole and enter the globe room. I see Sandy, Tooth, Bunny, and North.

"There you are Jack." Tooth says.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Pitch is back." North blurts out, my eyes grow wide.

"What? How? We trapped him 6 years ago."

"He has a new partner that set him free, her name is Blair Witch, she is the spirit of halloween." North answers.

"Guys, Manny is here!" Bunny says. We all look up to see Manny in the sky.

"If Manny is here. That means--" Tooth starts.

"We are getting a new recruit!" North shouts. Sandy shows a bunch of symbols over his head showing his joy.

"Please don't be the groundhog." Bunny mumbles as the crystal rises from the ground. A light shines on it as a figure starts to show.

"Who is it?" Tooth asks. The figure is..

"Aurelia Autumn! See, what did I tell ya Jack? It's sooner than I thought." North shouts. I smile, Aurelia will be thrilled!

"Jack, would you like to go get her?" North asks.

"Sure." I shrug.

"Here's the sack! Don't even bother argueing, you are using it." He says, I sigh.

"I'll make a tunnel for you and the yeti's." Bunny says, he pats the floor with his foot, making a tunnel, me and 2 yeti's jump in.

~Aury's POV~

I walk the streets of Burgess looking through windows seeing children sleeping, it's not stalking if it's my job to make sure kids are happy and safe. I see a little girl with blonde hair who seems to be about 8 years old.

"Aw she's adorable!" I say to myself. I fly up to the rooftop and look at the town, all the lights, and it's so quiet.

"Hey there Aspen." I hear from behind, I turn around to see Jack.

"Jack. Already coming up with nicknames huh? Why Aspen?" I ask with a smirk.

"I like Aspen trees!" He says.

"Same! They're my favorite next to Sugar Maples."

"Then Aspen is perfect for ya!" I giggle.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were working." I say standing up.

"Well I uh..had to come get ya." He says rubbing the back of his neck, I look at him puzzled. Suddenly I feel myself being picked up, when I look to see what it is I see a yeti.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" I shout, they put me in a sack.

"Easy with her guys." I hear Jack say. Next thing I know I land on the ground hard. I see an elf open the bag, I peak my head out to see..the guardians.

"Whoa." Is all I could say, a yeti pulls me out of the bag and puts me on the ground gently, I dust off my clothes.

"Welcome Aurelia! It is wonderful to finally meet you!" A big man shouts with a thick russian accent.

"What is going on here? And where am I?" I ask.

"You are in the north pole my dear!" The big man shouts again.

"But why?"

"Before we answer that how about we introduce ourselves?" A lady with wings asks.

"Yes please, that would be good to know." I reply.

"I'm the Tooth Fairy, but you can call me Tooth. This is Santa Claus, but he likes to be called North." She points to the big man.

"This is Bunny, the easter bunny. Sandman or Sandy. And I believe you know Jack Frost." She finishes.

"Yeah, well it is wonderful to meet you all, but I don't understand why you want me here."

"Because you are going to be our newest guardian!" North shouts.

"What?!" My eyes grow wide.

"Yeah, you'll get use to the yelling mate." Bunny says. Sandy floats to me and shakes my hand. Elves and yeti's light fires and blow trumpets. One elf puts a pair of yellow shoes in front of me. I grow tired of the noise and stir up some wind to stop everything.

"Look, you are all very nice people, but I don't see why you would want me to be a guardian." I raise my voice.

"Not us Aury, the man in moon." Jack says giving me a gentle smile, then he points to Manny. I look up at him.

"T-The man in moon? What? Ah jeez I'm so confused, of all spirits, me?"

"I mean why not? You care deeply about children, you're smart, kind, and pretty strong." Jack states.

"Aurelia, Pitch Black is back and he has help, that is why we need help." Tooth says. Oh come on! I put my thumb and pointer finger at the bridge of my nose.

"Yeah..I know." I say.

"How?" Bunny asks.

"They talked to me, earlier."

"What? How come you didn't say  anything?" Jack asks surprised.

"I tried! But you left before I could say anything." He stayed quite.

"Aurelia, are you willing to help us out and be a guardian?" North asks.

"I..don't know."

"How bout this, you help us on this mission while you think about it, and if you like it, you can become a guardian. What do ya say?" North says.

"..Alright, I'll do it." I say with a smile.

"Yay!" Tooth exclaims before she hugs me, I was surprised, but I hugged back.

"So, when do we start?" I ask.