~7. Lies, Or Are They?~

~Third POV~

Pitch takes Aury to the roof of the building where the ball is being held. She tries to get away from a hand he made out of black sand, but has no luck.

"Jack!" She yells out. In the building Jack is wondering where Aury had gone, then he hears his name being called out. When he realizes who yelled for him, his face is full of worry.

"Aury?" He shouts, he then runs out of the building, the guardians following after him.

"Aurelia!" He yells again, hoping for a response.

"Jack!" As soon as he hears that he tries to fly to the roof, but North stops him.

"Jack no, it could be a trap." He says.

"But what if it's not North! She could be in trouble!" He pulls away from North's grasps and flies to the roof, the guardians follow after. They see Pitch next to Aury, who is being held by the hand made out of sand.

"Pitch! Let her go!" Bunny shouts.

"Or what?" He tests.

"Or we will get all the spirits together and we will win." North states.

"If any of you even move to get those spirits, the girl dies." Pitch says, he makes the hand tighten around Aurelia, causing her to wince.

"Stop!" Jack yells, Pitch smirks. Suddenly something flies over the guardians and lands next to Pitch, it's Blair.

"Let me go Pitch..now." Aurelia says sternly.

"But I must tell you your memories." He says, everyone else's eyes widen while Blair gives an evil laugh.

"You see, you were alone for a while, no family, no friends. You were able to get a job at the age of 14 and even your co-workers didn't do much to help you. You had to fend for yourself." He started.

"No..you're lying." Aury states in disbelief.

"I promise you I'm not. Anyway, at one point you started to wish you were dead because of the life you were living. Luckily a tornado came and swooped you to your death." He finished, he laughed sickly at the end. Aury couldn't believe what she was hearing, Jack didn't want to believe it either. He threw a ball of ice at Blair and Pitch, causing them to stumble back. The guardians start to attack, Bunny and Tooth attacking Blair and North and Sandy getting Pitch.

Meanwhile Jack is trying to get Aury while Pitch is tightening the grip of the hand, she screams in pain. North knocks the wind out of him, making the hand finally let go. Aury falls onto the ground, Jack helps her up and she starts to get angry. She walks up to Pitch once Sandy and North back away, she punches him square in the face and grabs her memories.

"I'm not one for swearing, but you're being quite a douche." She states.

"Alright you win this time, but the next time-the last time, we will have an army..and we will win." He says, they both laugh and fly away. Aury breathes heavily, all she can think about is whether Pitch was lying or not. She feels a hand on her shoulder and turns to see Jack, she hugs him, he hugs back tightly, neither of them wanting to let go.

"Should I..?" She asks getting out of the hug.

"That's up to you." Jack simply responds.

"Am I allowed?" She asks the Guardians. They all look at each other, then North nods. Aury smiles in excitement.

"And maybe this will tell you your center." North adds. Aury thinks back to when North and her had a discussion about what her center might be, she didn't have a clue. Now she can figure it out.