~9. Time To Plan~

"Okay, here we go." North says as he smacks his big hands on a table in the globe room.

"We need to come up with real plan. Pitch is preparing for war, we must do same." He states.

"Is his accent getting thicker?" I whisper, Jack slightly giggles.

"Ahem." We hear, we look up to see North staring.

"Sorry." We both say in unison.

"Childish. You two are perfect for each other." Bunny states, me and Jack smile.

"Focus. When the time comes you will all see northern lights. Once that happens we meet up where Pitch and Blair are found. We must protect these children. Aury, can you handle that?" He explains, I nod.

"I will do anything to protect the children." I say with nothing but determination.

"Are you sure you're ready mate?" Bunny asks me.

"Of course, I have been training." I simply reply, North dismisses the meeting. Sandy gives me a smile and a thumbs up, I smile and walk up to him and kneel down, he is a small bean.

"Thank you Sandy." I hug him, he hugs back. I stand up straight and turn to see Bunny.

"What's up Bunny?" I ask, he coughs.

"I just wanted to say that uh..even though we haven't talked much..I'm glad you are apart of our team, I can at least handle you better than Jack." He says with a small smile, I chuckle.

"Well he is a handful." I state.

"You're telling me." He smirks, I jump into his arms and wrap my arms around his neck, he seemed surprised at frist but he hugged me back. He's soo soft! I get out of his arms, he rubs his paw I think? On my head, ruffling my hair, making me giggle.

"You're not so bad mate."

"Not too bad yourself." I walk away to my room.

"Okay Aury. Protecting your friends and the children is your number one priority." I say to myself. I start to pace my bedroom as I think of what could possibly happen.

"What if one of us die? Wait..can we die? We're immortal, right?" Since that question started to burn into my brain I went to find one of the guardians. I find Jack arguing with Bunny for some reason, I haven't talked about it much, but for the long while I've been here, these dudes have fought quite a bit.

"Ahem." I cough, they both stop immediately and look at me.

"What did I say about the stupid arguments?" I say with the kind of look a mom would give their kid if they did something wrong.

"Not to do it unless it was actually debatable or important." They say together.

"And yet here you are." I say.

"But it was important!" Jack defends, I raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"I just um..uh..dammit!" He mumbles, my face drops.

"Um..babe? What's the matter?" I ask worried, he looks at Bunny.

"He uh..doesn't want you to..fight." Bunny says a bit nervous, my expression changes to shocked.

"W-What? Why?"

"Why wouldn't I? I just don't.."

"You don't believe in me?" I cut him off, his eyes widen.

"No no! Of course I do I just don't want to lose you! You could die out there!" That answers everything.

"What's going on here?" Tooth and North walk in.

"You don't know what I'm capable of Jack, I don't even know what I'm capable of! Do you take me for a fool? I will not let my guard down, never again!" I raise my voice, everyone took a step back.

"..Not even for you." I lower my tone and fly off. I feel some tears run down my face, I don't need this, none of us do. I fly back to the forest, sit at the Sugar Maple, and let all my tears flow.

"See? I told you, even he will find a way to hurt you." I hear.

"Yeah, and what do you want for it? A cookie?" I say sarcastically as I see Blair standing in front of me.

"Oh wow, you are feisty! I'm starting to like you!" She exclaims.

"Blair, I know you're a..well a bitch, but do we seriously have to do this right now?" I ask, I see her face soften a bit, then she sighs.

"Okay look, I'm gonna be real with you, like not in an evil way this time." She says before she sits next to me.

"I'm a child at heart ya know. I was actually 16 too when I died, but I was the most childish teen anyone had ever known! I don't know if you know this, but teenagers not only want, but need attention, that's really why I'm doing this." She explains, she sounds so sincere, she's actually opening up to me.

"I have definitely seen it before. Blair I understand you want attention, I do too, but you don't have to be evil. If you think you can prove you're worthy to be seen by doing awful things then you're wrong." She leans her head back on the tree and sighs again.

"I just..want to be happy again, but I've only really been depressed. I feel like this is the only way to fix that."

"I know how you feel, but it isn't the only way." I put my hand on her shoulder, she looks into my eyes, but then looks away.

"I'm going to think about what we talked about, but don't you dare say anything about this." She summons her broom and flies away.

"I might have reached her!" I think in excitement, this could help us so much!

Maybe I just need to..talk to Jack..calmly. I sigh and stand, I then fly back to the north pole.

"I want to go look for her." I hear Jack say as I reach the window.

"Give her time Jack." Tooth says.

"I've had my time." I say walking in.

"Now it's time to talk."