<1>

Veronica watched as JD left Heather's house, which she was still as motionless as possible on the floor.

As Veronica heard the door click as it closed, she ran over to Heather and shook her.

"We're safe."

Heather was so frustrated. She wanted to die, she knew no one would kiss her. Not one bit.
Not even her parents, they barely noticed her.

"Took you long enough, geez." She finally said, trying to act who she was supposed to be.

Veronica backed off as Heather stood up, smoothing her robe.

"This robe is ruined from me laying on the ground. You're buying me a new one." She scowled, feeling sorry if she hurt her.

She always felt sorry if she hurt anyone, since she knew how it felt.

"Y-Yeah, of course Heather!" Veronica nodded rapidly, getting her coat and walking out the door.

"Hey Ver?"

The brown-haired girl turned to face her.

"Thanks."

Veronica smiled as the door closed with a Thanks. She knew a nice Heather was in there somewhere, deep within. She knew deep within her mean outside, she had a soft inside.

Heather, on the other hand, started to cry. To sob, even.

Why would she do that?? She thought. She should have let me drink it, let me gulp it, let me go through a slow and painful death, to die. I deserve it, I deserve it.

Heather sunk deep into her living room carpet, weeping into her palms. She stopped when she saw the lights from her dad's car approach the driveway. She scurried to pick the mug up and throw it out, and ran upstairs to the bathroom.

She stayed in the bathroom and cried even more, her sobs being mute.

How could it now if she did this all the time.

It was her daily cycle- wake up, cry, eat, cry, hide, cry.
It never changed.

She heard a knock on her bathroom door.

"I'm home."

She nodded, but realized her father couldn't see her from through the door.

"Okay!" She exclaimed, lucky her voice didn't crack then.

Footsteps got father and farther, and her sobs became farther and farther. She looked up and saw her reflection.

Her messy hair, puffed eyes, tears streaming and coloring her cheeks.

She didn't like what she saw.

Heather sighed and wiped her eyes, going into her bedroom and turning off the lights and getting in her bed, falling asleep.