<4>

The next few days at school were an actual living hell for Heather Chandler.

Well, like her life wasn't a mess anyway.

For one, Veronica was helping her avoid JD. He was back at school, and he looked worse than ever. Luckily, Heather didn't have any classes with him, but during lunch, she could practically feel his gaze burn marks at the back of her neck, reminding her to be careful and watch her back.

Ever since that day, people would tell Heather the same things.

"You're too popular to kill yourself!"
"JD is such a maniac, who would want to kill themselves when we're in such an amazing school?"
I knew killing yourself was a lie, I knew it!"

Those words sunk into Heather's skin, intoxicating her own blood. Those words were the opposite of this very school. She knew the feelings inside her stomach were bad when she first took step in here as a freshmen, she just wouldn't admit it to herself, keeping the same quote in mind: "Never judge a book by it's cover."

But look at her now.

From now on, Heather had a spare pair of ✂️ in her bag, just in case. It's not like she didn't do it anyway- that's where the beauty of make-up comes in.

Later that week in lunch, the Heathers and Veronica were eating, until one of them took note of something.

"Uh, Heather, aren't you missing something?" Duke asked, looking at Chandler.

"I think she looks just fine, Heather." Mcnamara said, munching on her sandwich. Good thing she brought it- the school lunch was terrible anyway.

"Did you eat a brain tumor for breakfast? She's missing her red scrunchie!" Duke whisper shouted, looking into Mcnamara's eyes.

"Oh, I forgot it? Sorry, forgot to this morning. Between choosing the right lipstick shade and my shiniest heels I must've forgot." Chandler replied blandly.

That wasn't the truth. In reality, Heather didn't want to bring it at all. She wanted to erase herself, to begone. She didn't want to live this lie anymore.

"Wow, hard work! Better remember next time, you look less very." Duke said. "After all, you were the one to decide out outfits."

That part was fully given credit to Chandler. She wanted to wear all long-sleeve, since he was in a downwards spiral of self-harm and self-conciousness, but Duke wanted to spice it up a bit and have a skirt. Nonetheless, Heather complied, but told her to wear long stockings. And they liked it that way- it was always followed, never objected.

"Give her a break, guys. No one even cares, just as long as we're pretty. Thank god some of us in his group are decent people." Veronica stated.

Mcnamara flushed and covered her mouth, looking at the floor at Veronica's words. Duke snarled at Veronica, giving her the speech about 'what it takes to be a Heather and how she should be lucky' all over again.

Heather just stared at her nails, coated in red coats. They looked so prefect.

Unlike herself.

When she left school that day and went home, she closed the door to her home and locked it, kicking her stockings and heels in sync aside as he walked upstairs solemnly, but froze in shock and fear as she saw who was at her bedroom door.

JD.