<9>

Heather arrived home at felt happy, for once. That had never happened before to say the least. She ripped off her Heather Chandler attire and threw it deep in her closet. She messed her hair up and put it before her face. She slipped on some jeans and a pink sweatshirt, and some normal white socks and black Nike's.

She looked at he herself in the mirror and smiled. She was herself again. She took out her phone and say on her bed.

❤️: wanna get a bite or something
💛: Sure! But, I'm with Ver
❤️: u can bring her
💛: Thanks! Where do we go?
❤️: ill drive u guys there
❤️: be ready in 10
💛: okay!

Heather stuffed her phone in her pocket and walked downstairs, grabbing some money on the way. She saw her mom's car outside- she never used it anyway. Snatching the keys, heading to the car, and driving over there. Simple.

Heather knocked on the door and our popped out Mcnamara. She smile and invited her inside.

"You look different!" Mcnamara spoke, but then said, "I mean it in a nice way! You look a good different!"

"Thanks, might as well just change. I'm not a Heather anymore anyway." Heather said.

McNamara went to get some lipstick and left to her bathroom. Vernoniva appeared from the kitchen and eyed Heather suspciously.

"You... feeling okay?" She asked.

"Duh I do, why do you ask?"

"Maybe with the cafeteria incident and you looking different than you always do."

"Just needed to change. Things change, Veronica. By the way, I'm happy for you guys."

Veronica thanked her shyly and McNamara came back, kissing Veronica's cheek and making her turn red.

"Lets get going then!"

McNamara and Veronica hopped into "Heathers  car" and they drove off.

*** *** *** ***

They drove off to a McDonalds.

A fucking McDonalds.

They decided on sharing a large fries and 12 nuggets with milkshakes. Heather went to order the food for them. Once she got to the front of the line, she stated their order.

"Id like a large fries and a pack of 12 nuggets, and 3 chocolate milkshakes."

The person glanced at Heather and gasped.

"Oh my god, Heather Chandler!" The person gasped again.

Heather uncomfortably waved at the person gaping at her. "Hello."

"Are you crazy?!"

Heather eyed her puzzlingly. "Excuse me?"

"You've caused chaos! No on will be the same! What have you done?!"

An employee arrived with Heather's food. Heather grabbed the tray of food, and said before leaving,

"What I had to."

Heather walked over to were Mcnamara and Veronica were, as they held hands. Heather set the tray on the table and sat in a chair.

"Here you go!" She said. 

"Thank you!" Mcnamara stuffed a fry in her mouth.

"Thanks." Veronica took a nugget and bit int it.

And that's how they spent that afternoon. Sure, it wasn't the most ideal, but it was a form of ideal Heather had never had before- peaceful. Company. Heather thought of those words as she dropped off Mcnamara and Veronica, and those words stayed in her mind, of all the things she might be able to do more freely now.