Duty Free - zerksi

Josh yawns and stretches, wobbling slightly on his feet as he does so. It's currently 5:30 in the morning, and he doesn't get off shift until 6. He's been stood in the same place for the last 3 hours, having taken his break a little bit earlier than usual.

They won't even give him a seat behind the kiosk desk, which is why he's on his feet. It sucks to be honest, but working unsocial hours in a tiny airport does have its privileges - the pay is decent, especially as the airport is home to a number of private jets.

Even if the hours are unsocial, some people clearly aren't, Josh thinks, as he hears JJ laugh loudly with a suited businessman. He's not quite sure how JJ made it as a security guard, aside from his height and build, because once you get to know him he's the least intimidating guy you could meet.

He's a bit of a sweetie, if Josh is honest.

At 5:32am, every morning Josh is on shift, JJ is there, like clockwork. If the massive clock opposite his tiny shop wasn't there, he could pretty much set a watch by JJ's appearance.

Their interaction is the same most days, too.

It starts with JJ glancing around to make sure no one sees him letting his guard down, then leaning on the kiosk desk towards Josh, his hand coming up to rest underneath his chin. It's deliberately camp and effeminate, seeing as both of them are fairly masculine individuals.

"Hey, baby. When do you get off shift?"

"Same time as always, JJ. 6 o'clock."

"Huh, that's weird," JJ's tone of voice makes it clear that it is not - in fact weird, "I get off at the same time. Can I see you then? Maybe get your number?"

Josh sighs, and leans over the counter after looking around to see that the coast is clear, kissing JJ lightly.

"I should hope you've got my number, seeing as we've been living together for over a year, and in a relationship for even longer. Now, back to work, you."

Author's Notes
Basically I was reminiscing on the time I accidentally flirted with the girl who was checking my passport and worried that she was going to call me out on it, and I got thinking about security and then patrols and then... you get the idea.

I also wanted to see if I could write a quick Josh and JJ thing (is my Josh favouritism showing? Nah I don't think so) in about 10 minutes, because they're not a pair that are easy to write. Doesn't mean they wouldn't be an iconic pair, though.

Anyway yeah, I was celebrating finishing all my coursework and then I saw that my history teacher has set us an essay for the last day of term - 🐍🐍

Also, I got all my uni offers! So I just have to confirm my order now and I'm done - I'm shocked and hyped as fuck, so thought I'd write something to calm myself down a bit.

Anyway, lots of appreciation as per usual.

💙😊💙