t h i r t e e n

Today is Sunday.  My mom is taking today off of work so that we can catch up.  I don't remember the last time we were able to just hang out and talk.

I woke up early in the morning, 6:51, so that we don't waste the day. 

Once I'm up, I walk downstairs to grab a coffee and a little something to eat.  As I'm walking down, I see my mom has already beat me to it.  She is sitting in the little breakfast nook out in the sun room.  She is reading today's paper, while sipping on a cup of hot Green Mint tea.  She doesn't drink coffee, and she encourages me not to, because she says it's bad for us, but I drink it anyway because it is so good!

I quickly grab my coffee, add some sugar and creamer, make me a piece of toast, and head to go sit with my mom.

"Hey mom," I say walking up to her. 

"Hey sweetie," my mom looking up and smiling at me.  I sit down next to her in the nook.  For a minute or so, we sit in silence while I eat my toast and she finishes the article she is on in the paper.  

After she is done reading, she puts the paper down and looks at me.

"So, what do you want to do today for our 'Mother-Daughter Bonding' day?"

"I was thinking we could go shopping for a bit, then go to lunch, then maybe come back here and chill or do something else, then come home and order some pizza."

"That sounds like an excellent idea!  Why don't I go shower real quick and get ready and you go get ready and we can leave around...," she looks at her phone for a few seconds doing some calculations, "8:00-ish?"

"Ok great!" I say.  We both get up and head to our rooms to get ready.

I turn on one of my Spotify playlists and dance to the music as I'm getting ready.  I quickly head to my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

What am I going to wear?

I put on some concealer and bronzer.  I curl my eye lashes a little and put some mascara on them.  Then, I fix up my eyebrows a bit and put highlight on my cheeks and under the arch of my eyebrows.  Then, I head to my closet to find something to wear.

I put on one of my cream colored sweaters, my navy blue skirt, my light blue-grey scarf, my sheer-ish black tights, and my high-knee boots.

I decide to straighten my hair today, so I quickly do that while singing to "New Rules" by Dua Lipa.

Once I am completely done getting ready, it is about 7:45.  So, I grab my phone off it's charger, I grab my purse, put my mascara and oil splotting sheets in one of my little travel bags, and spray myself in my favorite perfume "Daisy" by Marc Jacobs.  I head out my bedroom and straight to the kitchen.

My mom is finishing getting ready, so while I wait I check Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter. 

When my mom is done, it is 7:59, just on time.

"Ok so where do you want to go first?" she asks me.

"Let's go to the Shops at Columbus Circle.  I hear they have great stuff in those shops."

"Alright!  Let's get going."

My mom and I hop in her car and we head off to go shopping. 

After 3 hours of shopping around that area, we decide to go eat.  We get in the car and yelp a good place to eat.  After deciding on a place, we drive about 20 minutes to Park Avenue Tavern.  

After eating the delicious food there, we are pretty worn out, so we head home.

By the time we get back home, it is about 2:30 in the afternoon.  Once, we get back home, we sit on the couch and just talk for forever about everything.  Jacob, school, her job, etc. 

We start getting hungry again around 7:00 at night.  So, we call a pizza place and place an order.  We get one everything pizza and some bread sticks.  

While we eat we watch the show we used to watch when I was younger, "Gilmore Girls."

When it starts to near 10:45, I start to get tired, and I can tell my mom is getting tired, too.  

"I had the best time today Mom," I say to her.

"Oh I loved today, too," she says back to me.

She kisses me on the forehead and we say goodnight.  I go upstairs, take off my makeup, wash my face and brush my teeth, then head off to bed.

I loved spending the day with my mom.  We never get to hang out or talk anymore, so I feel like we really needed this day.

A/N:

-hey sorry this one is slightly shorter than others and kinda boring... eek

-when I wrote that she was listening to "New Rules" by Dua Lipa, it was because I was on my Spotify lol

-also I love "Gilmore Girls" and I used the GIF so had to include it somewhere

-VOTE please :))  Love y'all!