Rafael Santos

March 13th 2017    (During 2x16) 

"Thank you for joining us for Monday night Raw. From the Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit, good night everybody!"

Lena switched off her office TV as she frowned at the black screen.

She didn't get it.

Sam was an intelligent kid... no, teenager, she reminded herself. So she found it hard to get the girl's protectiveness of whatever it is that she just watched. She found it hard to get the whole... wrestling thing. I mean, sure, the athleticism on display was undeniable, but the theatrics surrounding it were just so... childish. Well, those were three hours of her life she was never getting back.

Lena sighed, thinking she should probably feel guilty about neglecting her work, even at this late hour. But for the past two weeks Sam had been constantly on her mind. She knew the girl would probably be spending her days at CatCo again. She knew that if she visited the building, she might be able to find her. But how was she going to beg the girl to let her help her again in the middle of a crowded office? How would she be able to step foot on that floor in the first place, knowing that Snapper Carr would be there as well? Now that Kara didn't work there anymore, she didn't even have a proper excuse to show her face. And as she'd just found out, there were no wrestling events happening on the west coast for at least another month.

She had asked a very confused Trevor to make a detour and stop in front of CatCo almost every morning, hoping to catch Sam before she stepped into the building. But she never saw her. She hadn't seen the girl since she had stormed off and, as humiliating as it was to admit to herself, it was killing her. Every morning of the past week she had gazed out of the window of her car, hoping to at least catch a glimpse of the girl. But all she would see was the girl's abandoned tennis ball, still lying in the same spot where Sam had dropped it. Unmoving, and unbothered by all the people walking by and through it.

Lena put down the remote and walked over to the double doors, pushing them open to reveal the empty desk of her assistant. It had certainly been an interesting day; having to work through her duties without someone constantly at the ready outside of her office. She'd thought that having two assistants on her pay roll would've been more than enough to cover for most eventualities but obviously, she'd been wrong. After she'd practically forced Jess to take a few days off, she was left with probably the second best assistant in the world. Or at least, that's what she would've kept calling Alana, if it weren't for the events of this morning.

Lena felt completely disheartened as she entered her building. It was just a tennis ball, but seeing it lying there in the middle of the sidewalk just seemed wrong. She was quickly brought out of her thoughts when Titus stood up from the front desk and actually approached her, looking unusually awake by his standards. "Ms. Luthor, we have a situation." 

She frowned at the man, who was wringing his hands together nervously. "What do you mean?" she asked warily. 

"The police just went upstairs. They wouldn't tell me what they wanted, but they had a warrant and-"

At that moment the elevator doors opened to reveal two police officers. One of them stepped out into the lobby first, while the other followed with a handcuffed woman. That woman, being Alana. Lena's eyes widened at the baffling sight and she stepped up to the first officer. "What is the meaning of this?" she asked as she glared at the policeman. 

"Ms. Luthor," he responded, "we have an arrest warrant for Alana Stone, we're just doing our job." Lena glanced past him, noticing that the other officer was guiding Alana to the main entrance, her assistant not even looking over in her direction.