Harold Jackson

May 15th 2017 (After season 2)

"Move out! Move out!"

The sound of heavy boots on the concrete pavement echoed through the small underground parking lot. About a dozen agents, all clad in black, ran quickly towards a van and spurted inside with practiced efficiency. Alex Danvers was the last one in, slamming her hand against the far side of the crammed space to signal the driver, while Vasquez closed the doors behind her. The unmarked black van quickly took off, the tires screeching loudly as it steered its way out of the exit and into the streets of National City.

Alex took her spot on one of the two benches that were facing each other, feeling very annoyed. The two days after the end of the invasion had been pretty quiet, but of course you could count on a Monday to screw things up. And to think the day had started so quietly, Alex thought, as she pressed a button on her comm.

"Supergirl, we are five minutes out at worst. What's the situation?"

"There was a bomb, Alex!"

Alex's senses tensed, as her sister seemed very distressed. It wasn't usual for Kara to panic during Supergirl situations but after all, it had been a rough couple of days for her.

"It was right in her office! If I hadn't already been there, she- Lena would have..."

"Alright, just calm down. Did you get her out? Is the building holding up? What kind of damage are we looking at?"

"Yes, Lena's in front of the entrance now. It- it was just the top floor, as far as I can tell. Hang on, I'm going back in for Jess."

Kara's end went silent and Alex turned her attention to the other agents in the van. "The situation is under control. You," she pointed towards the agents on the opposite bench, "just secure the entrance and the lobby, make sure nobody leaves or gets in. Vasquez, you take the rest and do a thorough sweep of the top floor. I'll wait for Supergirl to bring back anything that was left of the bomb, see if we can analyse it."

The agents nodded seriously in return. 

It took exactly two and a half minutes to get to L-Corp and as soon as the black van came to a screeching halt in front of the entrance, the DEO agents started flooding out. Alex stepped out after the rest, throwing a glance up at the tall structure and seeing thick dark clouds spreading out from the top floor. Alex looked back down, proudly observing the agents as they swiftly executed her orders. As she watched them enter the building, however, she noticed some commotion happening.

The police was already there (they were getting faster, damn it!) and they had apparently already set up a few steel barricades to hold off some curious bystanders. She also saw two police officers, appearing to forcefully hold back someone who was trying to get into the building. Alex stepped closer, intending to swiftly put an end to the scuffle, but she slowed down when she realised what was happening. The person trying to push past the two officers was none other than Lena Luthor, and Alex started to frown at the state the woman was in.

Physically, she seemed fine. You would never be able to tell that she had just narrowly escaped an explosion. But she also looked like she was about to bite someone's head off. Alex's frown grew deeper as she stepped closer and saw the usually so composed and even-tempered woman screaming and hurling insults and threats at the police officers. She looked like a mad-woman as she kept on yelling, while a small woman who was covered in soot (and whom Alex guessed had to be Jess) was very unsuccessfully trying to calm her down. However, amidst the many profanities and threats about lawsuits, Lena suddenly noticed Alex stepping closer and her expression completely changed.