Chapter 7

Right as I passed the wooden door frame I was assaulted by a wave of questions from all the kids and the director, Marie. Marie was one of those people who were just unbelievably nice, the type that would say sorry to the person that bumped into them and never get angry (basically Canadian). She made Sunny Side feel like a warm home with her open and tender demeanor.

Just one look at her face and I knew she was worried sick, the furrowed brows, slight downturn of the lips and messier then usual hair. She smiled as she welcomed me home but I could tell she was looking me up and down searching for any injuries.

The school must have called home to inform them that I sustained some type of injury that needed to be checked up with at the hospital. Well, they probably made it sound like a bigger deal than it actually was.

"Are you feeling okay?", Marie asked as she put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, according to the results, my brain is in tippity top shape. I just gotta take some meds for this huge ass bump on my forehead"

"Hey! Watch your language Aika, it'll rub off on the other kids"

"Don't worry Ma, I already know what ass means!"

"Me too!" x2

"JINX!"

"DOUBLE JINX"

"TRIPLE JINX"

"HA! I said it first, na na na boo boo~ you can't talk until I say your name three times blehhh"

"MAAAAA, Sora's being an ASS!!"

"Ughh...", Marie sighed as she herded the kids back to the living room.

I took some time to settle down and put my stuff away in my room. I undid my braids, changed into comfier clothes and kicked back into a snug position in bed. I closed my eyes and thought about the day. As my thoughts went to the gaudy washroom from earlier today, I saw two heads of hair at the side of my bed slightly shaking in muffled giggles. I immediately knew who they were, Sora and Kaori.

I rolled to the side of the bed that was closer to them while feigning ignorance to their obvious plan.

"BOO!" they both shouted at the same time while they jumped me.

"ahhh... I'm so shocked" I said in my deadpanned face.

"Aww, you're n-no fun" Kaori pouted.

I was weak to her puppy eyes and ended up patting her head apologetically.

"You'll get me one day"

Suddenly remembering what that little piece of shit Sora gave me for breakfast this morning I grabbed him, and the brat, noticing the glint in my eyes sensibly tried to escape. But, no, it was tragically too late. I gleefully cackled as I pinched his cheeks as hard as I could as he tried to escape by hitting me, which by the way, he couldn't with his short arms. That'll show him, try giving me black toast again and you won't live to see the your next birthday.

Finally wiggling out of my hold, Sora escaped, running out of my room while sticking out his tounge.

"I'll get you back for this! If I were you I'd watch my back bleh"

Kaori worriedly looked at the door, then back to me. I think I was the only one in Sunny Side who noticed that Kaori had a crush on Sora. It was glaringly obvious with the way she would blush every time he hugged her and the way she followed him around at home.

I sighed, "Kaori, why don't you go find Sora and play together with the other kids?"

"O-ok Aika! I'll see you at dinner" Kaori said as she walked out my room completely flushed. She knew I knew about her little crush. They were just too cute! I smiled to myself.

I think I'll have about an hour to myself before dinner time. Well, time to game!