Admiral Ackbar

The public announcement of the New Republic followed a couple of days later. Chief of State Cal Omas gave a press conference.

"The New Republic is recognizing the Northern Territories under the rule of Queen Ahsoka as an independent region. Together, the New Republic and the Northern Territories, will fight against the Yuuzhan Vong." A bit short, but it contained all the important parts.

The meeting of the generals was not on Dac, it was on a star destroyer in that system. Outside of the meeting room, before the actual gathering a Mon Calamari in white Uniform approached Ahsoka and bowed his head: "Your Majesty! - - - Do you remember me? We have meet in the battle of Naboo some decades ago. Back then you were a very young padawan. My congratulations by the way. You have come far."

Ahsoka responded: "Yes, you are Gail Ackbar, I remember. It is an honor to meet you Sir. You are Admiral now, as I can see?"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gial_Ackbar

Ackbar: "Indeed, I'm Admiral now. Your Highness even remembers my full name."

Ahsoka: "Well, you have made yourself a name. – And congratulations from my side, too. Last time we met, you were the representative of the Mon Calamari. You have come far as well in the last 3 decades."

Admiral Ackbar: "Thank you, Your Highness." After a short pause, he continued: "Queen Ahsoka, would you mind following me into my private quarters? I want to show you something. A Jedi artefact."

Ahsoka was suspicious, the invitation sounded fishy. Why show her a Jedi artifact? Show it to her in his private quarters? She was Ahsoka a Jedaii master and could defend herself well, a normal woman should have been rather scared. Still something was odd.

His private quarters, were small, maybe 20m². For a Star Destroyer cabin however it was huge. Besides a private bathroom and a bed, there was a wardrobe, a shelf with books, some pictures on the wall a desk and a tactics board. Ackbar picked 2 foldable chairs out of the wardrobe, set them up and gestured Ahsoka into one: "I hope you don't mind the lack of comfort Your Highness, but I believe, you know that in military vessels things are tailored for usefulness, not for comfort."

Ahsoka had spent many horrible nights in Star Destroyers, between the bunk beds of the clones, her backpack shoved under one of the beds and troopers jumping over her when they wanted to get in and out of their beds. Back then, a foldable chair would have been the extravagant luxury, however her VT-49 was a military vessel, too, and provided decent comfort. In any case, she wanted to know why she was here and not bitch about more comfortable seating: "It is fine, they are comfortable enough, Admiral."

The admiral came straight to the point now: "You might wonder, why I asked you here? I have a Jedi artifact, which I can show you if you want, but the main reason is:" He paused: "I wanted to have a private conversation with you in a safe environment, where nobody can eavesdrop. That is the main reason why you are here."

Ahsoka: "OK, then tell me! You can show me the artifact later."

Ackbar: "We had to painfully realize, that the Vong have infiltrated our government and military. They have ooglith masquers, a jelly kind of jumpsuit, which makes them appear as humans. We have identified one, which we feed with information we want the Vong to have, but we are sure, there is another one who has access to classified documents, whom we have not uncovered yet. We plan our battle as a trap for the Vong, but it can happen, that they will know, that it is a trap. As such, I have to set up a second trap around the first one and that is what I need you for."