Mike's Death

On Garqi:

The BAI registered 5354 Vong vessels coming out of hyperspace.

Mike was pursuing the Coralskippers when he felt a terrible cold, hatred and bloodthirst. Next the dark side addressed him: "Mike, my friend."

Mike: "I understand why it is so cold here all of a sudden."

The dark side: "After all I did for you, I would have expected an appropriate greeting."

Mike grunted.

The dark side: "Is the standard curtesy really asked, too much?"

Mike agitated: "Fine. Hello."

The dark side: "Mike, you have to finish all the Vong ships, otherwise Garqi is falling to the Vong and the loss will not just be Garqi, it will be the Coralskippers, the Yammosk and a lot of intel into the Northern Territories defense forces and strategy."

Mike knew, what impossible task lay in front of him and the other pilots. It was a Hercules task and in reality, their only hope was, that Ahoska succeeded in eliminating the Yammosk.

The dark side continued: "I guess, you know how you can significantly increase your chances?"

Mike hated it, but he knew, what he had to do: "Fine, enter my body." After a little bit of meditation, the horror came upon him.

The dark side on the other hand feasted. It feasted on Vong flesh. It feasted on Coralskippers and their pilots. Like last time, Coralskippers got eliminated like flies. Half an hour later, 2000 Coralskippers had been terminated, but the Shrike had gotten decimated down to only about 100. With still more than 3000 Coralskippers in the air, the fate of this fight was sealed, unless Ahsoka succeeded. The BAI had newly orchestrated the Shrike attacks on groups of Coralskippers, which had gotten separated from the main battle field in order to minimize the losses. As such, it was the REVENGE, which kept the majority of Coralskippers busy and away from causing destruction on the surface. Mike was getting exhausted, it would have been time for the dark side to leave his body now, or give him a rest, but there was no such option. Currently, the REVENGE was the most important line of air defense. If he did not hold the Vong space forces off, nobody would. The dark side had to continue as long as possible. 10 minutes later, it happened, Mike fell unconscious. His resources had been fully depleted. The REVENGE came to a complete stop and there was nothing the dark side could do about it. It would have loved to continue the bloodshed, but without a body to steer the REVENGE it was over. A couple of minutes later, a Coralskipper accidentally crashed into the stalled but still cloaked REVENGE and thus its position was revealed to the Yammosk. Only seconds later 2500 Coralskippers were firing at the REVENGE and it only took 2 minutes for its shields to collapse and then that nice ship including its pilot was destroyed. Mike was gone. The dark side had not intended it, but that was war. People died.

Meanwhile in the Uro-ik v'hal

Ahsoka and the remaining Jedaii entered the hangar in the Uro-ik v'hal without problem. There was only one slave present in the specific section of the hanger they had picked and this slave looked fully dumbfounded, when he found the dropship empty. Ahsoka did not waste time, approached him, turned her white light saber on and instructed: "You will lead us to the Yammosk. You raise suspicion or trigger an alarm, then you are a dead man in 2 seconds. If we successfully finish our mission, you will return with us and be a free man. Which one do you choose?"

The Twi'lek man saw a white light saber beam at his neck and heard a voice coming from empty space. It was the most scary thing right after having gotten abducted by the Vong. Seeing the question marks and the non-understanding reflected in the Twi'lek's eyes, Ahsoka turned the cloaking off and repeated: "You will lead us to the Yammosk. You raise suspicion or trigger an alarm, then you are a dead man in 2 seconds. If we successfully finish our mission, you will return with us and be a free man. Which one do you choose?"