HK-47 Back in Service

This part is dedicated to alertpoet, who contributed the idea of reintroducing HK-47.

Back on Dantooine:

Mike accessed the holocron and after some time mucking around with it, he got to the design files of the HK-47. It took a couple of days, to understand the overall system of the AI of the HK-47. The good thing was that HK-47 could operate in various modes or rather, it operated in all modes at the same time, but one could put higher preference on particular modes. The bad thing was, he had to build an interface with the AI more or less from scratch. The AI was something unique and its programming interface was not even close to the standard type of droid interfaces. At least, it applied a physical layer for the interface, which was an old standard, where he did find routines for. The AI had a wireless module for programming which was the reason, Mike did not find a connector in the droids head.

28ABY:

It took him a couple of month, until the communication worked flawlessly and he could set the parameters anew. The problem was, he could not continuously work on the interface and it stretched the timeframe quite a bit. Eventually, when the interface worked, he lowered the bar for assassin mode to the minimum and raised the bar for body guard droid to the max. Darth Revan was replaced with Ahsoka as the primary master and Mike, Letho and Ra Tak were added as secondary masters. The Vong were added as general enemy, while others were removed. After closing the wireless link, he had to observe the behavior.

HK-47 greeted him: "Eh, so many meatbags as masters, how shall one take orders from all of them? Where is Ahsoka, my prime master?"

Hearing meatbag, Mike was about to flip the power switch again, but there was no time anymore, Ahsoka had given order to go to the Borosk system and he responded: "We are going into a battle against the Vong. Follow me!"

The dark sides POV:

Mike had finally put the HK-47 back together again and put it into service. The dark side would have appreciated an earlier deployment, but sending the droid right into a battle against the Vong was a suitable recompense. 3 millennia back, Darth Revan had bestowed HK-47 with a portion of his consciousness. This made HK-47 even more a living being. It also connected HK-47 and Darth Revan forever. Revan was one of the few beings who ever managed to split its consciousness. He first did it when bestowing HK-47 with a tiny shard of his consciousness and a second time, when his dark and light side split up after his body died. Eventually, those two reunited some time later again. The remaining two split parts of Revan's consciousness, the shard and the main part were connected by an invisible energy band or link.