3

Beca woke up that next morning still furious with Emily. She looked over at Emily's bed, where the younger girl was still sound asleep. Beca debated whether or not she should wake Emily up. She decided that she'd let Emily be until she woke up. Either way, Emily was in huge trouble.

Beca got up and went downstairs into the kitchen, where Cynthia Rose and Chloe were. Beca sat down and put her face in her hands.

"Morning, sunshine." Chloe smiled.

"Don't call me that." Beca rolled her eyes.

"What's up your ass?" Cynthia asked, raising an eyebrow.

Beca sighed. "Emily got wasted again last night."

Chloe got upset. "We specifically told Amy and Stacie to never-"

"She did it on her own." Beca said, cutting Chloe off.

"What?" Chloe questioned. "But Legacy is so innocent."

"Yeah, she really don't need to be drinking." Cynthia said, shaking her head.

"I don't see what the problem is." Stacie said as she walked in. "All of us started drinking when we were freshmen, why is Legacy any different?"

"She's too innocent." Chloe shrugged. "She's been sheltered her whole life, she's never actually been exposed to alcohol. And everyone's irresponsible when they first start drinking."

"But it's not like she doesn't know any better." Beca said, clearly frustrated. "Just yesterday she was coming off of her first hangover, and I told her, I said 'Emily, new rule: no alcohol for you. Ever.' and she specfically told me that she wouldn't drink. She knew it was wrong, and she still chose to do it. She's never acted out like that before, and if it goes excused then she could make it a habit."

"So do something about it." Cynthia shrugged. "You're the captain, she answers to you."

"Oh, come on," Stacie said, "She's older than the age you treat her as. Everyone has to start some time, it might as well be now. And most of us started drinking at a younger age. We should consider ourselves lucky that she was so innocent when she came to us."

"But she doesn't know how to drink responsibly!" Beca said back, almost yelling now. "And if we're going to hand the bellas down to this girl, and this girl only, we have to make sure that we're shaping her into a proper role model for the next generation of bellas. I refuse to hand this entire institution down to someone who doesn't respect the rules in place!"

Stacie bit her lip. She knew Beca was right.

"Morning aca-bitches." Emily smiled as she walked in. She was showing signs of hangover, but was clearly trying to hide them. As drunk as she was last night, she had no idea that Beca had caught her.

"We need to talk." Beca said sternly. She grabbed Emily by her shirt and took her upstairs. For such a small girl, Beca could pull some unaccounted-for strength out of nowhere when she was angry. They walked into their bedroom. Emily was then thrown on to Beca's bed. Beca slammed the door behind her, turned to face Emily and crossed her arms. "Explain yourself."

"I don't know what you're talking abou-"

Beca cut her off. "Legacy, I'm not messing around with you today. Don't you dare lie to me. I'm pissed enough without you lying, so why don't you just admit it?" Beca asked, but it came out more like a command.

Suddenly Chloe walked in. "I came when I heard the door slam." She said. "How's it going?"

"She's lying about it." Beca said, frustrated. She turned to Emily. "Listen, I know when you're lying. And you know that I know when you're lying, alright? So we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Your choice, Junk."