4

When the Bellas arrived at the retreat, which realistically looked a little more like a high class summer camp, they seemed a little reluctant about this retreat.

One by one, they filed out. Beca looked at Chloe. "Where exactly did you hear about this place again?"

"From your's truly." Someone said. The girls turned to see Aubrey, and suddenly everyone huddled around her in a giant group hug.

Emily, unaware of who this girl was, didn't. Instead she spoke with Stacie, who had hung back, as well. "Who is that?"

"Remember me telling you how much of a drill sergeant our old captain was? That's her. Aubrey." Stacie said, gesturing to the tall blonde girl in the center of the circle.

"How hard was she anyways?" Emily questioned.

"Bout to find out, baby Bella." Stacie smirked and joined the other girls. Emily glared at her but followed suit.

"Oh, hi, you must be Emily! I've heard so much about you!" Aubrey smiled.

Emily smiled in return. "Beca had some tough shoes to fill. She tells me all the time how the girls are so well-disciplined and it's all due to you."

"That reminds me..." Aubrey said before she began to shout. "FALL IN LINE BELLAS! It was with great sorrow and regret that I watched our once proud organization become a national disgrace!"

Aubrey continued to lecture the girls, then suddenly she pulled out a recycling bin.

"Now if we're going to find your harmony we need to get rid of all outside distractions. So I'm gonna need your phones, tablets, iPods, smart watches, laptops, ...everything." Aubrey said, proceeding down the line of girls, who all gave up their cell phones and any other electronic devices. She reached Emily. Gesturing for her to give up her electronic devices.

"I don't have anything for you." She shrugged.

Aubrey made a face. "Come on, Legacy. Hand it over."

"I don't have anything. I got in trouble." Emily said defensively.

Aubrey glanced over at Beca, who shook her head. "She's not lying. She won't be seeing her phone for a while."

Aubrey looked at Beca in disapproval. "That's the best you could come up with?"

"Oh, no. There's more." Beca ensured with half a smirk.

"Please don't encourage her." Emily pleaded to Aubrey.

Aubrey just shrugged. "Fair enough."

Aubrey continued down the line until she got to Beca, who was clutching her laptop to her chest. Aubrey raised an eyebrow at her.

"But I need it...I have to make music and-" Aubrey cut her off.

"Either put it in the bin, or I'll put it in the lake. The choice is yours." Aubrey shrugged imperviously.

Beca sighed in defeat, putting her laptop and her phone in the blue recycling bin.

The next two days went by in a flash. Before the girls knew it, they were sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows, talking about what they wanted to do with their lives. Everyone was opening up.

Suddenly, Emily looked at Beca. "I need to tell you something."

"Huh?"

"The reason why I did what I did. You deserve to know." Emily said nervously.

"Oh, um, ok. Do you wanna go somewhere more-"