6

Emily woke up the next morning with water being dumped on her. "Rise and shine, Legacy." Beca smirked.

Emily sighed. "What the hell, Beca?!"

"You weren't waking up." She shrugged. "Also don't cuss, it's not you."

Emily opened her eyes a little more and saw Chloe and Beca at the foot of her bed. Emily sighed and sat up. "What time is it?"

"7:30." Chloe smiled. "You ready?"

Emily shook her head.

"Well I guess that's just too bad." Beca smirked. "Get dressed."

Emily sighed and got up and dressed.

The three girls went outside, careful not to wake Stacie.

Once they were outdoors, Chloe and Beca turned to face Emily. "Alright, Legacy. The first thing we're going to work on is your assertion."

"My assertion?" Emily asked.

"Your forcefulness." Beca nodded. "You can not be a good leader if you can't get your point across. You need to be able to get through to the Bellas."

Chloe looked at Emily. "What if I told you that last night, Dani was up in her room doing meth?"

Emily's face dropped. "I would tell her that meth is bad for her and not to do it again."

Beca put her hands to her head in frustration. "You are such a Chloe." She mumbled. "Alright. We'll try something else." Beca walked up to Emily and slapped her hard on the face.

"What'd you do that for?!" Emily pouted.

"Because you're a stupid bitch. Your songwriting sucks and you sing like a bear during hibernation season." Beca smirked.

"Beca, that's really hurtful..." Emily said, tearing up.

"How do you feel about it?" Beca asked Emily.

"Sad." Emily said. "And hurt."

"URRRRGGGHHHH." Beca said frustratedly. "NO! YOU FEEL MAD!"

"I do?" Emily asked.

"You do." Beca said with a sigh of frustration.

Chloe went to comfort Emily, who was now crying.

"Em, I didn't mean any of that." Beca told her.

"You didn't?" She sniffled.

"No, Emily. Your songwriting is amazing and you sing like an angel. I was just trying to provoke you." Beca shrugged. "You need to know when to be soft and when to tighten up."

Emily looked at the ground then closed her eyes and sighed. Chloe, in an effort to console the younger girl, stroked her hair and wiped the tears from her face.

"Listen," Beca sighed, "last year when you started drinking, did I calmly tell you that alcohol was bad for you and tell you not to drink anymore?"

"No," Emily shook her head, "You grabbed me by the arm, dragged me to our room, threw me on to your bed and yelled at me, then you took my phone and called my mom who suggested you guys take away my phone and songbook and torture me for a month."

"Exactly, dude." Beca shrugged. "Em, no one ever got their point across by being gentle. Why do you think I was the captain and not Chloe?"

Emily shrugged. "I don't know, I never really thought about it." She turned to Chloe.

"I wanted her to be captain because she was a better leader than me. She knew how to take charge, that's the same reason that Aubrey was captain over me. As cool as it'd be for me to be a captain, I put the group first. I knew better than to bite off more than I could chew." Chloe shrugged. "So I served as co-captain for four years."