12

For the last 3 months, Emily had been on a daily routine: Wake up at 7, make breakfast for the Bellas, take her prescription anti-depressants, go on a jog, come home, go to class, etc. Except for the last month, there had been something new added to her daily routine. When the new Bellas started being difficult for Emily, and when Aiden, Garrett, Patrick, Drew and Conner started messing with her again, Emily had quit eating. Not completely, if that were the case Emily would probably not be alive. Instead, she would fast for a day, and instead take an extra pill that was meant to provide necessary nutrients. Stacie had noticed it, but never said anything because it didn't seem to be as serious as it really was.

Stacie always knew about both of the pills that Emily took. She knew that the anti-depressants were somewhat effective. She thought the nutrient pills were, too. She was wrong.

Emily opened her eyes slowly. She was in her bedroom at the Bella House. The first person she saw was Stacie.

"You're awake." Stacie smiled in relief.

Emily smiled a bit.

Suddenly Stacie's face dropped and got a lot more serious. "You gotta start eating more." Stacie mumbled. "Now you're putting yourself in danger."

Emily's face went pale. She didn't say anything.

"I need you to acknowledge me and agree." Stacie said dryly. "Otherwise I'm going to tell Beca."

"Don't do that." Emily mumbled and shook her head.

"She just cares about you, Emily. We all do. Very much. Sometimes I just wish you cared about yourself as much as I care about you." Stacie said, tearing up. "You're my best friend and I really don't know what I'd do if anything ever happened to you." Stacie paused. "So here's the deal: you are going to start eating more. Three meals a day, seven days a week. I'm serious, ok? No more artificial nutrients, real food. Alright?"

Emily reluctantly nodded.

"Promise me," Stacie said with her arms crossed.

"I promise." Emily said quietly. "You won't say anything to Beca right? Or Chloe?"

Stacie shrugged. "I won't say anything as long as you get your act together."

Suddemly Beca and Chloe walked in.

"Emily! What happened, are you ok?" Chloe asked, worried.

Emily nodded. "I'm fine, I just passed out."

Chloe looked confused. "From what?"

Emily looked out the window. "I don't know."

Beca raised an eyebrow at the younger girl.

"Hm." Chloe mumbled. "Well, at least you're ok now."

The four girls spoke with each other for about ten minutes before Chloe and Stacie left to bring back dinner for the four of them.

Beca waited until the bedroom door closed then looked at Emily. "You look away when you lie, dude."

Emily sighed.

Beca smiled a little bit. "I'm not gonna make you tell me what happened. As long as it doesn't happen again. If it happens again I won't be so nice about it."

Emily chuckled. "Don't worry, it won't."

"God, what happened to the old Emily? You used to be scared of your own shadow and, hell you still are, but now it's like you're trying way too hard to grow up. I just want the old you back." Beca sighed.

"I don't know, Bec. Maybe I thought that if I was a little more like you, you would be more proud of me?"

Beca rolled her eyes. "You've got this all wrong."