Chapter 8.

•Let me go•
~Your POV~

I didn't know how to react to her, I held my arms above my head to avoid touching her. Finn gave me a reassuring nod and mouthed 'She's your mother.'. "Mommy?" I whispered softly into her hair as I dropped my arms and hugged her back, "Yes, sweetie. I'm here now, everything's going to be okay, Y/n. I love you." She said. I can't even remember my own mother, how horrible can a daughter get?

"I, um, I love you too? I'm really, very sorry...." I mumbled out, almost in tears. "Oh, baby. It's okay, don't cry. You didn't do anything wrong! It was an accident." She cried out into my shoulder, "She's not apologising about the crash.... She's apologising because she can't remember you." Finn spoke for me. She removed her arms from my body, "Yo-You-You can't remember who I am? But you called me 'Mommy'?" She stammered and waited upon my reply. I opened my mouth hoping for words, but nothing escaped my throat. I tried to move my legs to stand up, I swung my legs over the side of my bed and hopped off only to collapse onto the floor, I yelped and Curly fry ran to my aide.

"Hey, hey. You're okay, tell me where it hurts." He said, helping me back onto my bed while I groaned in pain. "Why does it hurt so badly?" I growled through gritted teeth, ignoring his request, "Because you broke both your legs; and you also haven't walked in like ten months now." He smile apologetically and sat at the end of my bed. "I, um, I-I have... to go..." my mom weeped out and rushed out of the room before either of us could say a thing, "Oh, okay...." I said awfully quiet, "So! How was your nap? Must've been horrible without all this!" Finn smiled and gestures to himself whilst trying to lighten the mood. I giggle and nod sarcastically, then the doctor came in to check my body.

Finn stood up and walked to the other side of the room while the doctor was there, after the doctor left I tapped on the end of my bed, wanting him to come sit back with me, So he did. "Why didn't you leave me? Why'd you stay when everyone told you to go?" He stared at me, shocked from my questions. "You're my best friend.... I will never give you up... I promise." He finally replied in hesitation, I nodded as his hand grazed against mine.

"So, uh, when do you think they'll let me go?" I asked as a slight blush spread across my cheeks, "Um, well technically you can go home right now, but they'll probably have you stay until you can sorta walk again." He smiled and placed his hand on top of mine, he closely watched as if he was looking for a reaction. What is this feeling? Why am I so nervous around him? He said we were best friends, not lovers. Maybe I loved him, but maybe he never loved me... "Did you like me?" I blurted out, he blushed and fiddled with the small silver ring on his index finger, it had something engraved in it, but I couldn't make out what was written. "I mean you could say that...." he stared down at the ring, he had a big goofy smile on his face.

~Finn's POV~

"I'm not going to lie to you, but all I've wanted to do is hug you. I mean I understand why you wouldn't want to hug me, but-" she cut me off by pulling me into a hug, I hugged her back as all the sensational feelings came flooding back, "You don't have to be embarrassed for missing who I was." She whispered into my shoulder. What did she mean by who she was?

The girl I fell in love with is still in there.

(WhOoSH! So it took me a few days to get this done, buuuuut I did it! I hope you enjoyed even though it was probably horrible. Have a good day/night!)