Lost

The tall pine trees were swaying lazily at the mercy of the winds of winter. He was wearing jeans with thermals underneath along with some hiking boots, along with that he had been wearing a black shirt with a large grey jacket that was lined with fur in the hood and had silk a silky inlay along with a grey beanie since it was atleast 30 degrees Fahrenheit (yeah yeah I know stupid measurements but it's below freezing for those who don't know) Walking no where in particular Anthony delved deeper into the forest that resided on the edges of his town. It was common for him to walk within the forest so he could escape his stress. Unknowingly he walked in further than he normally would entranced in his own thoughts. He didn't know exactly what he wanted to do in life now that he graduated. That was when he realized it was about 7:00 PM, he wasn't to worried about being late home since his family understood how he liked to just disappear from time to time but he was worried about how it was getting dark. "Damn i don't even see the path anymore" he said to no one but himself. He saw a small rabbit dart towards him and run past him. Not surprising but what was surprising was how close the rabbit got, it was still 6 feet away when it was it's closest but they still normally steer clear of anything they recognize as alive and he was obviously moving. Weird he thought but payed no attention, only assuming some small predator had been chasing it.

As he continued walking he noticed large prints in the slightly muddy dirt, they resembled paws. What the he'll? This had him a little scared because the largest thing that roamed in these woods were deer. His first thoughts came to thinking it was a bear, he'd never seen bear paw prints or bears in general. Quite frankly he didnt think a bear was in the area since they werent native but he was smart enough to realize it was something big. He started to jog at an average pace with the hopes of putting as much possible distance between him and the places he assumed a large predator would be hiding. The ground was quite hilly and the trees were not helping him in finding his bearings. "Shit" he said leaning against a tree. Maybe I went a little to far this time he thought. The time on his watch said 7:48, did I go the wrong way, I should have made it back by now?! He almost mentally screamed, frantically pulling the compass out of his small backpack he brought with him in case he ever got lost. He never thought it'd be necessary but in that moment he was more than thankful. He realized he wasn't heading back the way he came but instead was going 90 degrees in the wrong way. Instead of going south he had been moving east. Leading deeper into where he didn't want to be. He pulled his phone out and tried to call his father to see if there was a way to get one of their dirt bikes out into the forest and locate him using the phones built in GPS. He didn't have hope that the bikes would be able to work with the terain but he was hoping his dad could atleast tell him where he was exactly. Immediately the phone went to voicemail. He looked back it his phone to see no signal. What the fuck, I always get signal out here. He didn't know what else to do so he started walking back. Hoping he was right in choosing to go south east he was expecting to reach the edges of the town in atleast an hour.

Anthony had been walking for about 10 minutes when he heard a roar from some kind of animal in the distance, but it wasn't to distant, and it defiantly wasn't a bear like he had hoped. He took off in a sprint. He had been scared not just because the roar had been impossibly loud but because he was also lost with no one knowing where he was. As he was running he had to jump over a fallen tree and when he landed it was on some rubble causing him to slide a bit and land flat on his face. The thing roared again and it didnt sound like he was any further from it. Without even brushing himself off he was already sprinting away.

It was at this moment he realized he was running through what looked like an abandoned logging field with many stumps and older run down logging machinery. One of which was a larger vehicle about the size of a bulldozer but had blades on the front designed for logging he assumed. He climbed up and collapsed into the cabin clipping his forehead on one of the control sticks and causing it to bleed. He quickly got up and tried to close the cabin door but realized with age the hinges were rusted. He got better leverage and forced it closed with it creaking loudly, once closed he locked the door. He then pulled a cloth and some bandages out of the bag quickly but shakily fixing his wound. As soon as he finished he heard another roar, it was closer this time and he faered whatever it was wanted to eat him. Shit I hope that thing cant get in here. But he was sure something with a roar like that could more than likely break it's way in.

As he counted the minutes gruellingly he heard something make a loud thud outside. He froze with fear. The glass of the cabin had been made to be fairly dark for the sake of the driver during the day so it was fairly hard to see out of, he hoped it was even harder to see in. And that's when he saw it, something larger than a bear. Standing. He nearly pissed himself, as he saw the breath of it leave a larger fog on the glass. He had to force himself to stop shaking so hard as to not make much noise but he was positive the creature knew he was there. It had moved and walked around the front of the vehicle. That's when he realized it was walking on two legs not on all fours, And even more it looked to be over 8 feet tall. It grabbed something on the front of the vehicle and tilted the whole thing. I'm going to fucking die here. He thought paying no attention as to how the beastly thing had moved a two to three ton peice of equipment like it had. But that was when something had landed on it and it roared loudly and flailed around trying to throw off whatever was on it. It hadnt worked but the creature had reached up and grabbed the smaller one and threw it to the ground. He saw the smaller being get to it's feet and from the shape of the body he nearly screamed with joy. A person was trying to kill wherever it was.

Against all his instincts that were telling him to stay put he darted out the door and back into the forest ignoring the loud snarls and sounds of another language."Gaus Luens arianac burenszu!" The person yelled.FUCK FUCK FUCK he kept thinking. What the he'll was he speaking he thought as he fled but that quickly left his mind when he heard heavy quick thudding from behind him, and it was getting closer. He threw on the burners and ran as quickly as his legs could carry him. Something had struck him in the center of his back and it felt solid as rock. "AAAAAAAHHHH" he screamed and the beast was on him. It resembled what he could only depict as a mix between a lion and and a large wolf. It was covered with blood. It pinned his arms down with what seemed like humanly shaped hands but this beast was not human by any means. He expected the creature to bite down right on his head so he just closed his eyes and gave up.

He heard snarling and smelled the disgusting breath. To afraid to open his eyes he just sat there quivering. The beast was getting up and off him but quite unnaturally. He opened his eyes to see what looked like chains in his mouth around his neck, arms, and upper body. Anthony still to terrified to move had watched the whole thing unfold. Something had pulled it off of him and he realized the beast was being pulled back against it's will. Snarling and roaring it fought the chains and then the beast lit up in and elegant golden transparent ball of energy. All he could do was stare as the beats roared and fought against it only for the glowing energy to expand slightly and collapsed in the same instance. It created a sound that resembled thunder. In place of the beast was slight twinges of golden electricity. He was in awe unable to even think. That's when he saw the person who he had assumed originally fought the beast. "Look I don't know who the hell you are but thank you for saving me, i got lucky to find that logger, and what the fuck was that thing and how did you do that whole golden ball thing?" He said. "That was a Gandaran and yes you were very lucky, those creatures are very strong but they can also be very stupid" the person said. That's when he realized that voice belonged to a woman. "Wait but how did you pull it back like that?! That thing was huge!" He practically yelled. He was beyond confused. The person put their hand out to help him up. He grasped the gloved hand and she helped him up, that's when he noticed the fur he saw wasn't just from the hood of the jacket she was wearing. She looked like a saber toothed tiger. That's when his mind had finally given up and he blacked out and fell face first onto the solid cold ground.

This is my first story I've tried writing and I'm hoping to keep going with this so I would like to hear your feedback. It's not the greatest but I hope I did well grammar wise! Hope you enjoyed so far, oh and i know there wasnt any romance in the first chapter but itle be blossoming in the next one so stay tuned.