Fixed

Anthony had woken up and didn't see Rayne anywhere. He also noticed the gun and helmet were gone too. "Rayne?" He called out with no answer. He felt confused after last night after having to deal with a rampant AI and the relations they had. He got up from the bed and dressed, once finished he stopped for a moment to look and the bandage on his hand. Aside from the blood that stained the outside, it looked as though he wasn't bleeding enough to stain the rest. Hopefully, it's better than I think it is the thought. He walked to the door and before he got to it opened and there was Vanessa. Anthony's eyes shot wide open and he froze. He remembered that she was being fixed but his only experience with Vanessa having a body was bad. "I'm terribly sorry about the actions that I had taken... I did not mean to hurt you but my matrix was heavily damaged during the transfer to this chassis." She had said. Her voice was more natural while still retaining the metallic tone. "Uhh... So... You're fixed right?" Anthony had asked. "Fully functional, may I see your hand? This chassis is equipped with a medical unit and Rayne asked me to fix the damage I had done when you awoke." She said. "Yeah... Sure." Anthony said still uneasy. He unwrapped his hand seeing the wound gashed from his palm to a couple inches down his wrist. The cold air on it felt good almost after being wrapped all night. Vanessa held his hand palm up and hovered the other over it, the palm opened from the center and a blue glow appeared to rain down on his hand with little specs almost gravitating toward the wound. It seemed to grow the flesh back while causing any scabbing and excess biomass to dissipate and seemingly disappear. Anthony was in shock at the marvel that was happening before him. Once it was finished, Vanessa's hand reclosed and she released his hand. "Wow, thank you." He said while rubbing the now healed skin. "You don't have to thank me, it was my doing in the first place," Vanessa said almost seemingly feeling sad. While it surprised Anthony to see her have emotion he also expected her to have emotion. Still, it was weird for him to see an Android in general so all of this was a bit weird, he wondered if he'd ever get used to it.

"Hey, Vanessa?" "Yes, Anthony?" "Where's Rayne?" He asked. "She's in the storage bay currently sitting thought the retrieved supply cache." She answered, then asked, "would you like me to take you to her?" "Uhh, no thank you ill be fine on my own." With that Anthony headed towards the storage bay looking over his shoulder at Vanessa who was walking the other way. He knew she was able to watch him regardless of the body she had facing the other way, she was connected to the ship after all. He had arrived at the door to find it open and hearing the last half of Rayne's yelling. "MOTHER FUCKING, GOD WHY ARE YOU SO DIFFICULT I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL..." Anthony cut her off by asking "uhm everything okay?" "ANTHONY! Uh sorry yeah just this..." Then she continued through gritted teeth "fucking broken panel" while hitting the top of a crate. She had pulled everything out of the crate they had brought back last night and was trying to get into a smaller one that she had pulled from the larger crate. "Need any help?" He asked. "No... No ill be fine, just... Frustrated." She said visibly upset. Anthony put his hand on her shoulder. "Take a break, please, you're hitting a metal box while yelling at it." "Yeah, okay I'll stop for now... So what do you think of Vanessa now that she's harmless... Well to us at least." She asked. "By every definition weirded out and unsure how to feel. But the way she healed my hand. That was pretty cool." He said. He saw the gun he had from last night and it still had blood so he picked it up and asked Rayne for a rag to clean the blood off of it. She pulled one from one of the shelves and tossed it to him and he got to cleaning. "So I have to ask, was that helmet for me? It couldn't fit you and Vanessa doesn't need it even if it did fit her." Rayne seemed a little saddened. "Yes, it's for you. If you won't be able to return home then at least I can do my best to keep you protected. It comes with a full body armor set with the gun obviously. It's also designed for zero atmosphere environments and can even handle depressurization in the event that it ever happens. Not to mention keep bullets from killing you... Remember I live a dangerous life and people either don't like me or generally want me dead..." She said. Anthony was starting to realize just what had Rayne so worried, it wasn't about him just getting hurt but if he couldn't go home, then she wanted him safe, and that meant to go with her. "Well for the record if I have to stay here with you. For better or worse I'm here for you and I'll help where I can." He said and Rayne hugged him "thank you, Anthony thank you for not being more upset about this whole situation. Quite frankly you should be very mad but I'm not complaining." She broke the hug and said, "actually if you want to help could you get Vanessa, I keep forgetting I need to run a diagnostic anyways, plus she can pry this broken piece of shit open." And as she was talking about the crate she kicked it. Anthony couldn't help but laugh. "Not funny I've been at this for an hour now." She said "but it is, you keep yelling at a box," he said "oh... Just go get Vanessa." She said obviously flustered. "Alright, I'll be right back.

Anthony had left the bay into the ship to find Vanessa. Rayne felt a little happier knowing Anthony at least had some better protection from now on. Not just the suit but Vanessa herself was about to be programmed to protect him anonymously, not that she didn't want him to know but she didn't want him knowing just how worked she was for him. They were about to have to leave earth, maybe even his solar system and she dreaded what might be to come. She'd never been so close to Maunkune, the thought of him made her furious for what he had done to her and her people. And in being so close to getting to him meant that things would be hell for the three of them and maybe even just the people who had seen her at a glance. She wanted to kill the bastard and make him pay. And now she wanted to protect Anthony from any harm that might befall of him. She was terrified that she wouldn't be able to do both.

(Sorry I know I've been gone a while, college is kicking all of my ass right now. And sorry for the shorter chapter. And I probably won't do lemon anymore for 2 reasons, it's not actually necessary for details and I feel I'm bad at it anyways. But as you can see some of the story is unraveling, Vanessa may have a personality matrix now but she needs to be around others for her to be more "human" like, but remember she's still an Android.)