Hidding Emotions

Anthony and Rayne were walking alongside the robot about 5 minutes away from the supplies they were going to retrieve. "So, Rayne, I wanted to ask something." He said. Rayne was focused on the GPS style system in her wrist-mounted device that could do more than even the phone he had. Without looking away she said, "go right ahead." "Vanessa told me how you started to adopt many human devices, I was just curious why? Isn't your tech better?" He asked while looking around nervously at the trees. "Easy one, while yes a lot of my tech is superior I do prefer to be more hands on. Like with food, a machine can make it perfect but if you ask me the discrepancies in how we can act tend to make it... Better! Plus I get kinda lazy if my ship can do everything for me." She stated. "What about the English language and everything, you speak it so fluently, how did you learn it exactly?" He asked. "Well doing business on earth tends to be easier when you can talk to the people. But I had Vanessa synthesized the English language along with Russian, Spanish, and Chinese to be able to speak with contacts here on earth. Took me a few weeks but I finally learned to speak them. And stop looking so troubled I said I took care of the Gandarans also remember, I made you a lot stronger. Wouldn't be as easy to stop you now." She said while trying to look through the brush for the supply cache. "Okay, you learned 4 languages in a few weeks? Holy hell I'm naturally speaking English and even I still botch it sometimes. And thank you again for doing that but why again do that for me?" He questioned "oh for the love of... Not you, I can't find the cache." She said frustrated. Anthony pointed up in the tree "you mean that red box?" "Oh, yeah, that red box," she said flustered she didn't see it before.

As she was climbing up into the tree to get the box she answered him again "well like I said the other day, your government is dangerous when it wants to be, it's possible they will want you out of the picture... And it probably wouldn't be pretty. That means you'll have to stick with me unless there's somewhere I can take you?" "Not really, only ever lived in the states." He said. God if you get hurt because of me... She thought. "Well I live a dangerous life and if something attacks me, well, you'd be next if they got me. I at least want to ensure being stuck with me isn't going to get you hurt too badly, even though it already did" as she finished talking the big red metal box came crashing down and landed flat. It was a dull red about 2 feet tall 8 feet wide and 4 feet long. Rayne jumped down and landed on it. "Look don't worry about that, like I said if not for you id be dead and I thank you. It's not your fault that creature was here and if anything your presence is the only reason I'm not food, besides if that didn't happen I wouldn't have met you." Rayne felt happy to hear him say that, she felt as though her existence was ruining his life, it's not like he can go back but it doesn't seem to upset him. She sighed and opened a small panel on the side of the crate. Foreign numbers and letters appeared. "Looks like it's all here. Let's get it latched up and let's go." She walked over to the robotic hauler and pulled to latch cables from its lower back and hooked them to the crate. "Head back the ship and wait in the cargo hold, once inside close all doors" the machine merely looked away and started moving fast dragging the box behind but being careful not to snag it.

"So, that robot was connected to Vanessa?" Anthony asked. "Sort of, Vanessa can split herself up and upload to machines in a way, that was Vanessa but a separate copy, once they converge she gains all learned information and experience from the copy." She answered "oh, neat." he said still a little baffled and Vanessa's capabilities. "Yeah, neat. And now that she's gone..."

Rayne put both her hands on Anthony's face and kissed him. Anthony submitted as quick as it happened and moved his arms around her back. It was bliss to the both of them. Pent-up energy escaping all at once. They were locked to each other for about 3 minutes before Rayne finally calmed down. "Sorry, just wanted to do that away from the robot whos going to be able to judge us once we're back." She said out of breath. "I'm not complaining," Anthony said with his hands on Raynes' hips. She smiled and hugged him in which Anthony returned the affection. "So, do you really care about me that much?" Anthony asked surprisingly flustered even after their little make-out session. "I know it seems really weird to you since I'm an alien to you but yes, I do care about you, and... Well... It's not like we can go our separate ways right now." She said. "Oh, so it's only because you're stuck with me? I see how it is." Anthony said sarcastically. Rayne broke the hug and held Anthony at arm's length. "No! It's not like that, even if we..." Anthony cut her off "I'm only joking, and I'm glad we're here together, honestly, I like it this way." He said laughing. Rayne hugged him tighter "I'm glad to hear you say that, I want you to know I've never felt this way for anyone before." She said quietly "well, I'm glad you found me then," Anthony said, "and I want you to know that I'm glad we met and quite frankly if I could leave, I don't think id want to." He said. "Thank you, Anthony, we should probably head back now, Vanessa might be capable of worry now and I don't want her roaming around looking for us." She said, "good point, I've had enough late night surprises of the forest." Rayne giggled and they made their way back, Rayne found herself just thinking about how they would deal with the future to come. It would be scary and highly dangerous, more than anthony could ever know.