Plans Change

Anthony was awake but didn't exactly remember when he woke up. He was still fairly scared by his whole experience. That's when he saw the wall semingly concave in a door sized block then that indention sepperated down the middle and split. Rayne walked in and without a word she pressed a few buttons out of Anthony's sight. He heard that drilling sound again and he could feel his body again then Rayne asked "so how do you feel?" "Like I can run several marathons." He said, "Why do I feel so good!". "Along with repairing the damage you were injected with concentrated nutrients to aid in your recovery, not to mention Vanessa had also increased your bone and muscle density." She said. "Wait, so I'm stronger? And my bones are too?" Anthony said, baffled by this. "Bassically, sorry but just being around me can be dangerous with my line of work but... itle help you if things ever go bad" she said, all Anthony could say was "no... Thank you... I can't really be mad about being stronger I guess, and what do you mean by bad?" "Remember how I told you I was technically a mercenary? Well you don't do that kind of thing without making a few enemies." She said. Anthony was still curious about that name Vanessa, wondering if another lifeform was with them. "So you said Vanessa's the one who fixed me? Who is she?" "More like what, she's my ship AI, she helps me run calculations and keeps me from making stupid decisions in the field. Well enough chit chat, I imagine you want to be off that table." She started to walk around Anthony while he spoke "I mean it's not uncomfortable, I feel good actually" "You'll feel it in a second" she muttered while he heard that drill again. Then everything came back to him and while he felt like he could stop a train with his bear hands he also felt stiff as a board. "When you feel up to it let me know and I can get you some food." She said. In that moment he realized just how hungry and thirsty he was. "Well if it's not to much trouble could we eat now?" Rayne nodded and gestured for him to follow.

Anthony made his way off the table and took a glance at it, the table looked clean and he noted how it was three and a half feet by nine feet long. But what had him confused was the equipment, or lack there of. "Wait how did I get fixed?" He asked following Rayne through the door. "Oh, a device basically reads your brainwaves and in turn tunes into that frequency. Technically It communicates directly with your body and induces it into a recovery state." She answered "oh" is all he could think to say.

As they walked down a short hallway they came up to another door. Once it opened he found this room to be quite homely, there was a large couch built into the floor with a large screen on the wall it was facing. There was also what resembled red carpet as flooring but it was much more plush. The walls were a blue grey metal but seamless with multiple doors lining the walls in no particular order. There was also a table in the center of the room with a hologram on it that resembled a forest with a small blue square in the center. "This is basically the living room if you want to call it that. That is table is shows where we are and as for the large screen, it's basically for entertainment purposes." She said "Wait is this where we're at?" He asked while gesturing to the blue dot. "Yes" she said then swiped both of her hands together over it and the map seems to zoom out showing a larger forest with green smaller dots scattered over the large are. "Wait what are those green ones, and where are we?" He asked "those green dots are just scout drones, there's still another one of those creatures in this forest" she answered. That sent a chill down Anthony's spine "and as for where. Your about forty six miles from the nearest city." She finished. Anthony's mouth dropped open. "Wait, but how'd you get me here? I wasn't that far from the city." He said mystified "Well I have a teleportation device wired into my ship to full me and anything I posses back but it only works to bring things back, I cant send things out." She said,"and sorry to drag you out here but you would have been unable to move on your own and even if I did find a way to drop you off at one of your hospitals without being seen... Well they cant repair broken and mangled spines either." "Wow, well thank you again for doing that, I know you didn't have too."He said. "Maybe not but I couldn't just let you die like that, it'd be unfair." She said blankly, Andrew felt there was some other reason but he wasn't going to question his savior more than he felt he should.