Chapter 7: Anxiety

The next morning eventually rolled around and I found myself sitting on the edge of the bed as I was now beginning to worry about showing this new form to the rest of the manor, even after all that trouble with my boyfriend being sorted out the night previously. I was always one to grow anxious about even the littlest of things, but somehow, I felt like this wasn't such a little thing this time around - maybe it was though and it was just my mind playing tricks on me. An irritated sigh left my lips as I shook my head and stood up, walking over to the window in our bedroom and taking a minute or so to just look out at the calming forest that I had grown so used to seeing throughout all the months we have lived here as one big family. Unfortunately, it would be covered with several feet of snow and even though that was a pretty sight, the cold temperatures that were in store for us in the future made me shiver as my tail swished behind me in a side-to-side motion. "Hey there." The softened voice of Hyde caught my attention and I glanced to my right to see him standing next to me now with an almost sympathetic smile upon his expression. "You doing okay? I know that this is a lot to get used to, I'm still surprised you were willing to change last night without much hesitation whatsoever." He admitted, which made me give him a slight smile of my own as I turned my gaze back to the outdoor scene. "It's not that I'm anxious about getting used to this body, it is the whole thing about everyone else getting used to it. I was scared enough of you finding out about this and I was lucky enough to get such support from you." I mentioned, my gaze now lowering to the carpet in front of my sock-covered feet as I gave yet another sigh, "Our family has not taken large amounts of change in the past very well." Deep down, I knew that I was just being negative and needed to stop overthinking all of this nonsense - but I cared about what these hybrids thought of me, more than anyone else that I had the pleasure of knowing in the entirety of my lifetime. A warm hand rested on my shoulder and the raven-haired male gave me a gentle shake. "If it makes you feel better, I'll go prepare breakfast for everyone this morning with Freddie and Charlie while you can prepare to go out there." The hellhound offered, seriousness and compassion showing in his tone with every word that he spoke, "I won't assume anything, but I just want you to know that I'll always accept you - no matter what." With that, he went forward and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead, making my face feel warm for a couple seconds as I relished in all the affection that I was receiving from him these past two days. "I love you, okay? I'll go prepare breakfast and come get you when it's all ready." He added before he finally left me, walking out of the bedroom and leaving me to my own silence as I still stayed where I stood. Part of me wished I had more confidence, but a larger part was not strong enough to be willing to let me have any at this moment, despite all the times where I have taken risks for this family and everything that it stands for. When it came to my own life and wellbeing, I seemed to be at a complete loss for this kind of strength. I gave a huff of frustration. "Enough of this sitting around bullshit." I growled under my breath as I swiftly turned around on my heels and stalked across the room, going over to the closet that Hyde and I shared. I almost made the decision to wear some of his clothes, since I had a more masculine form, but then I realized that I already wore boy's clothing - by that I mean that it was in the men's section of the clothing store that I got them at, for your information. I just needed to pick out some things that made me comfortable and would help me get through today. I settled on a black t-shirt that had 'Sometimes, I just like to cuddle with my demons instead of fight them' written on it in white letters. Hyde liked that shirt, for obvious reasons, so it made my decision of choosing it even easier. It didn't take me long to change into it.

Slipping on a snug pair of blue jeans that felt soft and comfortable against my form, I decided to wear a large oversized dark-blue sweatshirt over my shirt so that I had something to confide in like a safety bubble as I would go out into the manor in the daylight hours. I pulled the warm clothing over my head and onto my body, feeling the large hood slide over and onto my head, covering my face for a moment - perhaps this would come into my favor as well. Now that I was fully clothed and ready for the day, not bothering to change my socks or put on shoes - which reminded me for a second or two that almost no person in this manor wore shoes unless it was truly needed, I headed off to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do regular hygiene, despite just changing into this brand-new form last night. It just gave me something to do while I passed the time and it made me not just sit around, thinking mindlessly about troubles that would worry my day down the road. I switched on the bathroom light and once again found myself standing in front of the sink, looking at my reflection in the mirror that was covered slightly by the darkened hood of my hoodie. I gave another sigh, which was the third one that seemed to come from me this morning as I grabbed my toothbrush and proceeded to brush my teeth in another long moment of silence as I just closed my eyes and did so, my mind, for once, being blank of all thought and it almost felt blissful in a weird way, but soon enough I decided to stop when I heard the distance click of the door opening from the other room. I rinsed out my mouth and stepped out of the bathroom, clicking off the light as Hyde greeted me in the bedroom once more. "That certainly didn't take long," I commented to the male and he gave a small chuckle. "Well, it seemed that Freddie and Charlie were already one step ahead of us this morning and already had started making french toast and eggs for the manor. I just finished helping them with cleaning up and I put out a few plates of food while they are taking care of the rest." He trailed off as he looked at me, hidden away by the hood of my sweatshirt. "You ready to go now?" Hyde started again, not mentioning anything about my sweatshirt and deciding that it was my own choice of how to handle this. I nodded and looked up at him for a few seconds before replying. "Can we go there in our feral forms?" I asked him and he seemed confused for one second by my request, but Hyde then just smiled and nodded back. "Of course, come on." The hellhound remarked with another chuckle leaving the raven-haired male as I shifted into my fluffy Persian form. He picked me up into his arms with such gentle care as he now headed out into my office and towards the front door that led out to the hallway. Opening the door, I pushed my face into the crook of his neck for a moment as Hyde stepped out into the large hallway, looking for in utter silence before he quietly bent down and set me down onto the carpet. Without any hesitation, he shifted into his large canine form, his fur glistening with red glowing stripes that made me just look at him for a moment before I stood up and touched noses with the wolf, purring gently as I climbed up onto his back and laid down. Once I was comfortable, the hound took that as a silent signal to go as he began to walk to the dining room, which was a little bit of a way through the manor, but it was just enough to mentally prepare me for all of this to now actually happen. I would take it at my own pace and I knew that it would be hard for me to deal with all this, but actually, there was actually a little bit of happy excitement stirring.