1. The Small Cat

A tall man with broad shoulders and a turf of red hair sticking out from under the hood of his black jacket walked along the sidewalk of a random street in Los Angeles. He stopped walking as he heard small mews from an alleyway. Driven by curiosity Mark went into the side alley. After a bit of walking he found the source of the noises, a little neko cub in a cupboard box. "Awww, you poor little thing. Who would abandon someone as cute as you?" the American asked the green haired neko.

The cub tilted his head, his blue eyes wide.

The little half-kitten was so cute, the red haired human just wanted to take him with him. But he took the gentleman approach. Mark knelt down on front of the box and smiled at the little neko cub. "Don't be scared, I won't hurt you", he said in a quiet and calm tone of voice, as he offered the little green haired creature his hand.

The little cub grabbed his hand with one of his own small ones.

"You are adorable, little one~", the American cooed and rubbed over the other's, smaller hand with his thumb. "Do you want to come home and live with me?" he finally asked the question, he wanted to ask since the beginning.

The small cub smiled and nodded happily.

"Okay then, little one~", the human male gave back, picked his new flat mate and held him in his arms, carrying him home. "You'll like it. I promise to take good care of you."

The cub hugged him, his brown ears twitching happily. He purred.

'How can he be so cute? Just makes me want to eat him up~ No, Mark! He is too young for that. Give him at least a few more days!' the American scolded himself in his thoughts, as he unlocked and opened the door right after. He put the neko down and pulled his jacket off, putting it on the hanger.

The neko held onto Marks leg, looking around the room with wide eyes.

"You don't have to stay with me, while I pull off my winter gear, you can go look around, little one", Mark told the small hybrid. "Oh, by the way do you have a name?", the red haired make asked. The other may have been brought up in a lab after all, and only know a number, which corresponded to him.

"J-Jack", he said quietly. "My name's Jack."

"Okay then, Jack. Nice to meet you", the American spoke and pulled off his boots. Then some disgusting smell suddenly filled his nostrils. After a bit of sniffing around, Mark found the source of the stench. "Jack... You need a bath. And now."

"Oh.....OK", Jack said, a bit confused.

"Wait, don't tell me... You don't know what a bath is? How long have you been on the streets?" the red haired human asked, feeling a bit sad for his new neko friend.

"Um...." Jack thought. "I dunno. A while."

"Okay... Then you'll probably not know that", the American started talking while he pulled off his shirt and socks as well. "But come with me", he instructed and walked to the bathroom, opening the door and gesturing for the little neko to go inside.

Jack went inside the bathroom.

Mark closed the door and walked over to the bathtub, letting warm water run into it. "Okay, little one, this might be uncomfortable, but you'll have to take off your clothes to take a bath", the red haired human said, slightly blushing at the thought of seeing the other naked.