9. Registration

About half a wee later it was finally time, Mark would finally be able to make the little neko his. The little guy had an appointment with the pet doctor. He needed to get registered, marked and a check up. So the American did wake his flat mate up and told him, "Today is the day, you'll finally not be a stray anymore." He didn't tell his Jack anything about the specifics of their visit, just that he would become his pet, so a registered member of society.

Jack yawned and sat up. "Yay!" He said sleepily.

"Come on, get dressed", the red haired male instructed and pulled his lover up onto his knees. "And then come to the car", he told Jack and was soon gone. There were clothes, a dark blue jeans and a black shirt, in his size on top of the chair in their bedroom. They were clearly intended for the neko.

Jack smiled and slipped the clothes on, and grabbed his favorite beanie of Marks, and put it on his head. He went to the car and hopped in.

"Ready to go?", the human asked and started the engine of the car.

Jack nodded, and smiled. "Ready."

Mark only nodded in return and started driving to the pet doctor. He hoped, his neko wouldn't be mad because of everything, he hadn't told him.

Jack watched everything go by as they drove.

Half an hour later the two arrived at the clinic and the red haired human got out of the car, walked over to the passenger side and opened the door for Jack. "There you go", he said with a broad smile.

Jack hopped out. "Thanks Mark." He said with a smile.

"You are welcome~", the American gave back and kissed his lover on the cheek, before he took his hand and squeezed it tightly. "Come on", he spoke and practically pulled the other into the clinic.

Jack followed after, a bit nervous.

"No need to be nervous, little guy... or well, big guy now", Mark said with a chuckle and introduced them at the counter. After he told them everything, he knew, they had to wait for their appointment to start, so Mark sat down and sat the neko down next to him.

Jack fiddled with his hands in his lap.

The red haired human took his lover's hands in his and rubbed over them gently with his thumb. "Calm down, darling, no one's gonna hurt you." At least not badly.

"Alright.....I trust you." Jack said with a nod.

"Um...." Jack blinked. "No, no idea, and no clue."

"Hmm... That's disappointing, but well, what can you do", the doctor said with a gentle smile. "Okay, first of all, are you comfortable with Mr. Fischbach seeing you naked? Or do I have to send him out, while I do your check up?" the brown haired male asked.

"Its fine." Jack said.

"Okay. Then I would like you to undress. Completely. I need to see, of you are or were hurt anywhere. The wounds may need attention", the small doctor instructed.

"Um, alright." Jack took off his clothes, shivering, a bit cold.

"Sorry it's slightly cold here", the brunette apologized for the room temperature and started walking around the other slowly. After he made one round, he nodded to himself and went to write something down. "He's not badly hurt anywhere, that's good. You can put your clothes back on. But leave the shirt off for now", the doctor instructed and waited.

Jack nodded and did as told.

The doctor walked over to Jack with one of those wooden things, which doctors use to press down on your tongue, so they can look down your throat, and told the neko to sit down and open his mouth.

Jack did as told and opened his mouth.

The small doctor put the wooden thing in Jack's mouth and looked into it. After a few moments he pulled it back and spoke, "Your teeth are completely fine and anything else doesn't seem bad either. So everything's okay. Now to the last few exams." The doctor soon put a stethoscope to the neko's chest and instructed him to breathe deeply.

Jack did so and took a deep breathe.

After the procedure was done, the brown haired doctor told Jack to put his shirt back on, before he sat down on his chair and beckoned the neko over. "It seems like everything is fine. I don't see any problem with giving you the ownership over this neko, Mr. Fischbach", he explained and put his signature under the pet papers for Jack. "Now to the marking. We could chip or tattoo him. But we can also go the non-painful way and just let you two go with the recommendation of giving him a collar. Chipping isn't very painful and you are able to find your pet per satellite with the chip. So which if the options will it be?" the nice man asked. Mark turned to his lover with a questioning gaze and asked him, "Which one would you like?"

"Um...collar." Jack said with a nod.

The doctor nodded before he spoke, "Okay then you two..." He handed the papers to Mark "... you just have to still register Jack as your pet at a pet center and you should be fine." Mark nodded as a response and shook the doctor's hand. After he thanked him and said his goodbyes, he walked back to his car.

Jack smiled at Mark. "Almost done."

"Yes, finally", the human gave back and started the car, heading to the nearest pet center. As they arrived he stopped the car and went inside, holding his neko's hand all the way to the counter.

Jack looked around them as they walked inside.

"Hello, how may I help you?" the young man at the reception asked Mark. "I would like to register this neko next to me as my pet", the American explained. After the papers were given the entry was created, Mark thanked the receptionist and smiled at Jack, as they walked out again. "Finally done", he spoke with a deep sigh.

Jack smiled and hugged him. "Finally!"

Mark hugged back and even carried his neko back to the car. He put him into the padsanger seat, before he got in himself and drove them home.