3. Scene of murder

It was now twenty minutes that I walked. Far from the campus and the student residences, I was now in a small residential area made up of charming dwellings.

The weather was mild, and the surroundings very quiet. I did not meet any pedestrians or cars. This part of the city was totally sleepy.

Playing with the dim light of the place, I had fun photographing street lamps, building architecture, bus stops ...

The night added a mysterious note to the surroundings. It was something I had never used before on my device.

When I was still living in Boston, my parents made it difficult for me to go out at night to take pictures. But now I was responsible for my actions. I knew that for a girl, going out late in the middle of the night could be risky. But I knew how to take my precautions when necessary ... at least I thought so.

I rolled my eyes. A multitude of stars shone a thousand miles from here. I felt relaxed. I loved this beginning of independence. It was exactly what I needed.

After crossing the neighborhood, a small alley immediately appeared in front of me. I could have gone back and returned. But I decided otherwise by taking this new path. I was definitely determined to continue my nocturnal journey.

The light from the lampposts gradually disappeared. Something changed. I did not feel as peaceful as before. The dark, narrow streets multiplied around me. There were a few houses that looked like concrete blocks, separated by rusty iron screens. The floor was dirty, and many unsightly tags came to stain the walls.

The atmosphere suddenly became more disturbing and even... sinister. Feeling no more at all comfortable in these surroundings, I decided to return on my steps.

However, the streets were all like two drops of water. The darkness did not help me to find me either. I tried to make an effort to remember precisely the path taken but ... without success.

Lesson number 1 :  Never trust my sense of direction !

   "Ok, Maya does not panic. You'll manage to get home safely ... "  I say to myself in a low voice, trying to reassure me.

I took my cellphone out of my pocket to put the GPS. No network. Shit. Damn it, but what was this neighborhood! Well, let's ignore technology. No need to find my way back.

Following my instinct, I took a lane on my left. Continuing to walk again and again I was seriously starting to panic.

I was lost in a gloomy neighborhood and I did not know how to get out of it. The beating of my heart quickened when suddenly I froze. I listened. A voice was heard not far from where I was.

Not knowing what else to do, I decided to get closer to the noise. With a little luck this person could possibly help me to go home.

A small place appeared at the end of the street, encircled by small dark buildings Slightly lit by a lamp post, I vaguely discerned a silhouette in the distance. I moved closer slowly to see him better. It was a man. And he seemed very agitated.

"You'll have your money tomorrow! I promise you! " He shouted in a frightened tone.

"Don't take me for a dumb. I left you a week to return my wheat. Don't count on me to give you more time. " Answered a second man in a calm and disturbing voice.

I could not tell it from where I was. It must have been in a corner of the square.

The situation was degenerating. I had advanced far enough to discover the face of the frightened man. He must have been in his thirties. He had short blond hair and was wearing a large white T-shirt and baggy jeans.

My gaze focused on the features of his face. He was completely terrified. Breathing in a jerky way, the blonde suddenly dropped to his knees.

"Pity! Pity! You'll have it tomorrow! I beg you leave me a few hours! " He implored.

The second man made a sadistic laugh.

"Dare you in addition to that beg me. Decidedly you're really stupid. Money or not, anyway you wouldn't escape. " He dropped in a bad voice.

My body jumped when I heard a gunshot. I almost let out a horror cry when I saw the skull of the blond touched by the bullet.

His body crashed on the hard ground. A puddle of blood spread quickly around his head. Oh my God. Shit shit and shit! I had just witnessed a fucking murder!

The second man I still could not see had just shot this man coldly.

I was petrified by fear. My breathing quickened. I failed to choke on the lack of oxygen.

I had to get away from this place as soon as possible. If I did not move from here I was going to be spotted by this assassin!

I took my courage with both hands and began to retreat slowly paying attention to each of my steps.

Ok Maya. Continue like this, you can get away with it. Once far enough away from the danger, I had to go to the shelter. And then find the network to call the police to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

Yes it was largely feasible. I kept backing as quietly as possible when suddenly my heel hit a glass bottle which made me lose my balance. My body fell to the ground. I bit my lower lip sharply. I had just made a terrible din.

No, but it was not possible to be so clumsy. I was stupid, so stupid I was sure to put an end to my life. I remained frozen on the ground, not daring to breathe.

A heavy silence reigned immediately. Long seconds passed. There was still no noise. Had not the killer heard me? Maybe there was still hope for me.

As I was about to sneak away, my blood froze when I heard footsteps heading toward me.

The features of my face froze as soon as I saw the silhouette of the killer coming slowly towards me.

The tall man was dressed entirely in black. His shirt showed a well built musculature. Many tattoos were inscribed on his arms. He wore several rings on his fingers.

His dark, half-long hair was combed back. Only a few rebel strands were walking in front of his face. But the first thing I noticed at home was his piercing black eyes that were staring at me without blinking.

Panicked by the distance that gradually diminished between us, I wanted to go back. Fatal error. The moment my body moved, the criminal pulled his weapon out of his pocket and pointed it firmly at my face.

Seeing that I was no longer determined to make a single gesture, the killer continued dangerously closer, while scrutinizing me with his dark eyes. His gun pointed at me, he smiled a bad smile.

"It's what's called being in the wrong place at the wrong time treasure ! " He said sadly at me.

I was screwed.

The nightmare was just beginning.