8. Confrontation

My eyes opened with difficulty. I weakened my head, which seemed to weigh a ton. Still dizzy, my sight was troubled and my thoughts were still too vague in my head to reason correctly.

I had to concentrate with the little strength I had to analyze where I was exactly. I could see a wardrobe in front of me. I swept my eyes to the side to see a closed door. The room was almost empty and dark enough. The only window present was barricaded by several boards.

I took a look at the structure on which I was lying. A mattress on the floor.

Emerging gently my mind finally tilt. I didn't know this place at all. Anxiety quickly seized me. Shit where I landed ?! The atmosphere was really gloomy and disturbing.

The memories came back to me little by little. The afternoon fitting with Kourtney, the evening at the university campus, my meeting with Bryan ... and ... then ? I couldn't remember.

I decided to get up slowly. The contact of my bare feet on the cold ground made me shudder. Cautiously I went to the closet in front of me. I was on the verge of fainting out of fear. My life had become so nightmarish that I wouldn't be surprised if a monster suddenly popped out of the furniture to devour me raw !  

I put my trembling hand on one of the shutters of the closet. I pulled it gently towards me to discover the interior. A corpse ? A dead rat ? A weapon to kill me ?

My mind was playing tricks when I was under pressure. I leaned my head slowly to discover that in reality the cabinet was empty. I took a deep breath.

My attention was now focused on the one and only door of the room. I cautiously approached this one. Putting my hand on the handle, I pulled a little downward. another hand tried to push the door. Blocked.

Shit. I was stuck here ! I was trying to concentrate one last time to try to remember who could have locked me here ...

My body jumped when a laugh echoed behind me. I turned around abruptly. I didn't see anyone. The beating of my heart is accelerating. The fear contracted all my muscles.

   "The Sleeping Beauty has finished her nap at what I see. " Suddenly threw a voice in a corner of the room.

Dipped in the darkness, a figure emerged from the shadows. I almost made a cardiac arrest. It was he who had taken me here ! The criminal of Phoenix. Evann Black in person.

He was dressed in low-waisted dark jeans and a wide black tank top on the sides revealing his ribs (and in passing his musculature of dream). His black and medium-length hair was ruffled. He was devilishly handsome ...

The killer slowly moved closer to me. My back was stuck to the door.

   "So ? I missed you treasure ? " He asked me in a falsely friendly tone.

I didn't have the courage to answer. My eyes never left his. I was paralyzed.

   "Do you lost your tongue ? " Continued Evann Black.

   "I ... Why am I here ? I did absolutely nothing. I didn't say anything about our meeting and about the murder of the last time. " I answered in a trembling voice.

My eyes were getting wet. But shit Maya it wasn't the moment to cry !

"Oh but you thought I was going to let you go like that ? "

My body stiffened when it came to me. I had forgotten how tall he was. He had to do easily in the 1m9o (6 feet 3 inches) !

"I'd have said nothing I swear ! " I defended myself.