17. Foretaste

Safia's heels and I slammed on the floor. My heart was pounding. I was extremely nervous about the aftermath of the events.

We were only a few meters from the lounge where the three members of the Blackness Chokers were waiting for us. My legs seemed heavy. "It's not the moment to break Maya's mouth!" I whispered myself. It must be said that not being used to high heels, there was a high risk for me to twist my ankles. I prayed with all my might not to show them a nice bowl from me.

We stopped a few steps from the opening of the salon. We could already hear the three men talking together. Safia glanced in my direction. She seemed as stressed as me. She whispered to me :

"We're there. You have to impress them. Especially Jaron. Raise your chin lightly, and try to walk with a more secure step. Go take a deep breath. "

I almost let go of a nervous laugh. It looked like she was giving me advice for a fashion show. But I did what she said. I took a deep breath to let the air escape into my lungs.

"Let's go! " Safia started me quietly.

The young woman entered the room. I follow it closely. The sound of our heels prompted the gang members immediately. The three men turned to us. We still took a few steps towards them before stopping. My eyes went nervously on the boss.

Jaron Hill stared intently at me. After long seconds that seemed like an eternity he gave a slight smile.

"It's good work Safia. "

I felt the young woman next to me relax. I was also relieved.

I saw the man with the skull shaved his mouth in circles. He looked stunned.

"I can't believe ... the make-up really works miracles ... We barely recognize her ! " Jake replied.

"Yes, it's a good thing. There is slim chances likely to be recognized her tonight. " Added Jaron Hill.

  Recognize me ? I magine that the gang leader had to refer to my photo that was to circulate every day on all television channels in the United States.

  My eyes were stuck on the two men. Although I saw from the corner of my eye the third individual who didn't take my eyes off me ...

  Since my entry I had absolutely not glance at Evann Black. I didn't want to confront him. So I continued to ignore him as royally as possible.

  But I felt his black irises scrutinizing me. It made me feel very uncomfortable very quickly. The criminal was standing aside from Jake and Jaron. From the corner of my eye, I noticed that he had still not moved.

  Jake turned to the killer :

   "Then Evann ? What do you think of your partner? "He said in a mocking tone.

   "Not much to tell the truth ... " He replied in a jaded voice.

So he wasn't at all impressed by my transformation ? I expected no less from him. Even though oddly enough, I felt a slight sense of disappointment inside me. What ?! Maya re-enter you ! I didn't care about his opinion !

"Maya approach. We must now give you the last instructions for tonight. " Jaron asked me.

I walked with apprehension towards the gang leader. His charisma was almost intimidating.

He took a gesture that was meant to be friendly my hand.

"Your goal tonight is to make you look like the daughter of a drug dealer. If you come to this party it's in order to do business with the Hunt Brothers. "