12. Strange individual

The sun was starting to set. The brightness began to decrease slowly. I glared at my broken camera in front of me. A beautiful image to define my state of the moment.

My life was meaningful now? I persisted in saying yes, there was one more. I had to survive. Survive for my family and loved ones. I couldn't lose hope it would betray them. Although inside I was broken, and my chances of staying alive were pretty slim, I had to keep fighting. I needed to find a way to stop Evann Black before he went after other innocent people. And before he takes me down ...

This being had done enough harm around him. This psychopath was to be arrested quickly. And I alone could do something. But how to do it? He hated me just as I hated him with all my soul. The mere fact of being in the same room as him bothered him bitterly. I was just an object. An object he was going to use soon for his "personal interests".

I couldn't physically hurt him, he was much too strong. And the slightest failure could lead me to terrible reprisals like earlier. I closed my eyes to try to chase this traumatic moment from my head. Never had anyone attacked me in such a way. I really underestimated his willingness to hurt me.

He was ready for anything to make me live a real ordeal. The most frightening was undoubtedly his impassiveness before my many howls of pain. Nothing was reaching him. He had no compassion for anyone. Just thinking about him made me tremble all the way down my back. Wretched Evann Black.

The rare moments of respite that I had with him since I was here, were those where I obeyed him with the finger to the eye without increasing ... My brows frowned. I think for a moment, when an idea crossed my mind. Maybe I wanted something ...

If I didn't confront him, there was a good chance that he would leave me alone no? This theory held out because until now he had never raped me when I didn't provoke him. So it was enough that I obey him and that I close my big mouth from time to time to not be in danger? Yes ... it could be a possibility.

Evann Black wanted me to submit to him completely. That I obey him like a little dog without thinking. I had to behave this way if I wanted to have a chance to survive as long as possible.

I didn't know if I would behave this way 24/7 but I had to try if I hoped to see my parents and Kourtney again someday. With a little hope, the criminal would drop his guard, and so I might have a chance to counter him at his own game by choosing the right moment to retaliate. The sprinkler watered as they say.

Evann Black had made me understand that my fate was sealed. He'll kill me without scruple when he no longer needs me. I wasn't risking anything now. Gaining confidence may have been the only way for me to get out of it.

My thoughts stopped when I heard someone knock on the door. My complexion whitens. Remaining dumb I saw the handle bent down softly. A person who was totally unknown to me entered the room, questioning me. He was an elderly man. He gently raised both his hands to make me understand that I was risking nothing. He advanced a few steps towards the bed.

Puzzled, I was observing him. He was tall enough, and slender for his mature age. His short gray hair was backcast and his eyes were icy blue. His face was marked by slight wrinkles. He must have been around fifty. Wearing a white shirt open at the top and navy blue trousers, long silver chains adorned her neck. He also had several rings on each of his fingers. He exuded a certain presence, a certain charisma.

   "Well ... Evann, you didn't go to the hard way with her. " He said suddenly.

I jumped at the agreement of his first name. I felt another presence on the side. My eyes went to the front door on which the killer was leaning. He stared at me coldly through his rebellious strands on the front of his face.

   "She deserves it amply after having faked my back. " He retorted sharply, arms crossed.

   "Come on, such a beautiful face didn't deserve such treatment. " Replied the old man wisely.

Evann Black remained impassive and didn't answer.

The grey-haired man sat at the end of the bed gently. He probably didn't want to frighten me with sudden gestures. He glanced at me for a moment before turning to the criminal.

   "I think that she'll widely do. "

I swallow. The case for which? Horrible thoughts crossed my mind. Was he trying to get me into a prostitution ring?!

The fiftieth man got up and went to the killer. Patting him on the shoulder he added with a serious air :

   "You must inform her of the plan now. She needs to be briefed tonight. We must take action in two days. "

Evann Black nodded. Ignoring me completely, the two men left the room and continued to discuss something.

My thoughts were currently messy. I didn't understand anything that was happening. I wondered what I could do for them? And especially who was this strange man who had come to observe me for a short time? All I could conclude is that he had a connection with the criminal. And the way the old man held his head suggested that it must be his superior ... but a superior of what then?

According to their discussion I was soon to know. I don't know if psychologically I was ready to hear more.

The door opened a second time. The criminal entered without looking at me. By reflex, I tried to move my hands. I was seriously starting to hurt my wrists that were still so firmly attached to the scarf.

Evann Black went to the office and took a chair to drop it right in front of the bed, in other words ... right in front of me . He sat down, and folded his arms nonchalantly.

He glanced up at me before unpacking quickly.

"The guy you just saw is Jaron Hill. He's the head of a major drug trafficking in Arizona. His gang is called « Blackness Chokers ». I've been working for him for a while. "

My eyes widened, he stopped talking and let out a long sigh, he was clearly annoyed to explain it to me.

"Damn... I'm not here to make a fucking history lesson on the network."

He spoke as if it was my fault ... I didn't ask him anything good grief !

He put his hand in his hair before starting again as seriously as possible :

"If you're here, it's because you're going to be essential to destroy the « Hunt Brothers ». "

I looked at him incredulously, I had a very bad feeling for further.