5. Traumatism

2 days later

*

Drawing in my last strength I started to run. Out of breath, I didn't know where I was going. Someone was chasing me. I could not perceive this person, the darkness was too dense.

   "Help! Help! " I cried desperately.

Terrified, I took a path on the right before taking refuge behind a large container subscriber. Listening, the footsteps had disappeared. Had I managed to sow the individual?

Don't move, I caught my breath. Judging that there was nobody left nearby, I left my hiding place but soon my blood froze when I saw the scene in front of me.

At the end of the alley, a corpse with a bloody head lay on the ground. Behind him was a man dressed somberly. I knew it was him, impossible not to recognize him.

The criminal stared at me with an unhealthy smile for long seconds. I wanted to run away, go as far as possible but my body didn't answer me anymore. My feet remained stuck to the ground. The killer's features hardened suddenly.

   "It's you the next treasure ... " He let go.

Even before I had time to replicate, the man took out his gun, directed it to me and pressed the trigger letting out a deafening noise ...

*

In a burst I woke up. Panic I got up hurriedly to turn on the light in my room. I was sweaty. Always the same dreadful dream ...

Since meeting the murderer I couldn't sleep without a nightmare. I couldn't forget.

My body was shaking with fear each time I thought about him and the crime scene.

After the killer left me alone, I managed to come back I do not know by what miracle to my dormitory.

Luckily, a weak network was back on my phone, powerful enough to turn on my GPS. Exhausted physically and mentally I had only wanted to go home and take refuge under my sheets.

I had called Kourtney to cancel our lunch together, explaining that it wasn't against her but that I needed to be alone for a while.

Kourtney had respected my decision but I detected some concern in the tone of his voice. I needed time to recover from my emotions because it was impossible for me to tell her everything.

I made a promise to the criminal I didn't have to say anything about our meeting. And I didn't want to put her in danger by attracting her too in this story. I didn't even imagine what could happen to her ...

But it was so hard for me to move on. The murder I had witnessed had revived in me awful memories ... of a year ago.

What I had experienced at that time had broken part of me forever.

Because yes, it was not the first murder I had witnessed.

I had also witnessed the assassination of my big brother.

*Flash-back*

1 year ago

On a sunny day on a secluded road near Boston, Kylian driving his car joked at me:

"Ready for this new ride with your brother? "