#Crush#

●NATSUI'S POV●

While on class, I can still feel my face all flushed in pink, but I know someone has a HUGE crush on him and that's Akihiko Akagi which is Haruko Akagi's cousin, a pretty girl and a first year, a classmate of Haruko and also the "most popular girl in school" cause of her beauty and 'charm'  Akihiko is head over heels in love with thr MVP player, and she wants me to help her to be noticed by him.

AROUND LUNCH. . .

I was walking around the hallway when I saw this students peeking at the left hallway and made me curious as then, Haruko Akagi saw me.

"Natsui, come over here."

"What is it?"

"A second year student wanted to have a conversation with Mitsui and look..."

Haruko paused as we watched the scenario seeing Mitsui with his both hands in his pocket and the girl was holding a paper bag with her face blushing, his guys weren't around and then, the girl broke the silence between them.

"Please, be my partner this upcoming event, Mitsui-senpai.." the girl said bowing her head down handling the gift to him.

●MITSUI'S POV●

" Please, be my partner this upcoming event, Mitsui-senpai.." the girl said bowing her head down handling the gift to me. I just stared.
"Hey, look up.." I told her as she looks at me.
"I really wanted to chat you that long but, sorry, I have someone else in mind to ask out on that event.." I added turning down her gift as she understands it and left, then, I notice some students were peeking and they suddenly disperse as I notice Natsui with the captain's younger sister saw that scenario. "Oh by the way, Natsui, Akihiko told me to meet her up.." Haruko left as she pushed Natsui towards me, almost seeing her tripping down as my reflexes were quick, caught her by the waist.
"You okay?" I asked and she nodded without making any eye contact with me.
This might be it.. Ask her to watch basketball later...

"Hey, can you watch basketball later at 3:00 pm?" I told her and she raised her brow.
"3:00? Well.. Sure..." she replied and bid goodbye to me, I let out a deep sighed  and deep inside I'm very happy, this is the time that she'll watch me play.

●NATSUI'S POV●

I was staring at the ceiling then, a group of boys from third year which was Mitsui's guys, Norio Hotta and the two which I really forgot their names, approached me.
"Mitchi, wants us to accompany you going towards the basketball gym.." he told me and I looked at the clock it was already 3:00. When we got there, his guys were like bodyguards who really keeps an eye over a princess, some student were having weird glances at me  at the same time.
"What the hell are you looking at?!" Hotta spoke to the guys who were looking at me with weird glances as they scurried off. His guys are different when it comes to Mitsui maybe I'm a girl that's why they're not showing their true colors.
"Um.. Hotta, I can handle on my own.. besides, no one will intend to tease me.." I told Hotta and he nods politely.
"Sure, Ms. Mitsui.." he said afterwards and left.

Three o'clock, and I stood outside the gym, waiting for Mitsui to materialize. I was treated to more weird glances as a few students whom I assumed were on the team filed into the gym, one by one.

Then I saw Rukawa. He was walking towards me, his eyes partially closed, listening to some jarring music blasting from his Discman.

"Hey," I said as he approached. "Rukawa, is it?"

He blinked as my words registered in his brains. He glanced at me, his face totally void of emotions. He grunted something inaudible and shuffled past me.

"Stupid zombie," I muttered. "Who cares if you're good-looking?"

Somebody chuckled behind me, and this time, I was sure that it was a laugh.

"You're late. It's 3:05."

Mitsui didn't answer. Instead, he took my elbow and steered me into the gym.

"Take off your shoes," he directed softly. "The floor was waxed a few days ago."

I looked at him questioningly, but he wasn't paying attention. His gaze was fixed on the court. The basketball court. He had a faraway look in his eyes. For a moment, I thought he'd forgotten about me.

"I have to show you something." He was with me again. His head was slightly tilted as he turned his attention back to me.

That was when I noticed the scar. It was a simple line of about five centimetres long. The red was fading, leaving the white. It was almost non-descript, but there was something about the way the sunlight was shining on it, illuminating it, saving it from darkness.

"Natsui, what is it?"

I realized I was staring. I smiled a little and shook my head. "Nothing," I replied. Remembering what he asked me to do, I took off my shoes.

"You have something to show me?"

"Yeah. Wait here. You'll see."

I waited and watched as Mitsui approached one of the members of the basketball team and received a ball from him. He moved slowly, dribbling the ball as he walked towards the three-point line, as if he was trying to get a feel of the ball.
Quite honestly, I was stunned by his performance before it had even begun. He was the smoothest dribbler I'd ever seen, surpassing even the most famous NBA names. He handled the ball like it were a part of him, pressing down on it nonchalantly and effortlessly, as if it were second-nature to breathing.

Still, I was confused. Perhaps I should've guessed, but I was too busy marvelling over Mitsui's effortless dribbling to make that crucial connection. Before I could attempt to get my head around it, Mitsui was taking aim. And not only that...he was taking aim from the three-point line.

His brows furrowed as he concentrated. He held the ball high in front of him and took a tiny step back. Then, looking like helium personified, he pushed his feet against the ground and elevated himself into the air. His graceful movement transcended even time; all were still as Mitsui Hisashi flicked the ball from him and towards the goal.

Swoosh. My mind flashed back to that day at the basketball court. It was an angry, random shot, but this precise one produced the same result.

Nothing but net.

Mitsui landed back on Earth and was greeted by enthusiastic cheering from whoever had seen him, which was almost everyone in the gym.

"Way to go, Mitsui!!"

"Awesome shot!"

"That was beautiful!"

Mitsui turned to look at me. His gaze was questioning, perhaps even slightly unsure.

"That's your answer," he said softly.

I drew in a deep breath as I reached my epiphany. I finally understood.

"You're awesome," I replied, for there was nothing else to say.

For a while, his expression did not change. But as sunlight dripped onto his body, his features relaxed, and I was treated to, for the very first time,  Hisashi Mitsui's beautiful, unguarded smile. I was staring again as he noticed me and gave a light poke on my forehead.
"The way you stare is kinda, cute.." he told me with his unguarded smile and pat my head. "Wanna see me play again?" He asked me and made me went back to reality and trying to find the answer before I spoke to him.
"S-Sure..." I uttered and not expecting he gave me a peck on top of my head and I stayed at the gym watching him play.

"Heart beating crazy... Never expected to be like this.. But, having a CRUSH on him is okay.. Maybe?"
-unknown