Chapter 4 The Games

Two weeks later: At School
Vance's POV:
I was taking notes during my English class when the principle came on the intercom.

Principle: Hello teachers and students, sorry for the interruption but I have an announcement  to make. Today after school is the annual Phoenix Drop High Games. Those who wish to participate may sign up for the games at the gymnasium during lunch. Each group must have a team of four people. Two boys and two girls, or all boys and girls, or one boy and three girls, or one girl and three boys. That is all.

'Maybe I can ask Mel, Luna, and April if they want to team up.' I thought to myself.

Mel's POV:
'Maybe I can ask Vance, Luna, ad April if they want to team up.' I thought to myself. But before I could do that I continued taking notes for the test that my English class is going to have in a few days. I kept thinking that when I ask Vance if he wanted to team up with me, Luna, and April that he might say yes or no.

Time Skip: Lunch
Lance's POV:
'Finally it's time for lunch.' I thought to myself, I saw Phoenix having a little trouble with her backpack so I walked over to her. "Here, let me help you with that Phoenix." I said, "Thanks Lance." said Phoenix. She handed me her backpack and I put it over my shoulder, Phoenix was still healing after what happened two weeks ago and her left leg was still in a cast so she had to use crutches to help her walk. I walked with Phoenix to get cafeteria when we were stopped by some senior girls who have been bullying Phoenix since day one. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the stupid bitch." said the girl who was obviously the leader of the group. "Whose this handsome fellow?" asked the girl next to the leader, "You shouldn't hang around with her sweety." said the leader. I growled a little and I felt my left arm pop back into place, "Leave. Phoenix. Alone." I growled, "Why should we? She's a piece shit." said the leader. "By the way my name's Levy." said Levy in a flirty tone towards me, "I don't care who you are. If you ever mess with Phoenix again, I'll make you regret it." I said angrily and my eyes started to glow again.

Phoenix's POV:
After those bullies ran away because Lance's eyes started glowing I helped Lance calm down so that his eyes would stop glowing. "Lance your really sweet." I said and when I said that I started to blush bright red, then Lance's eyes stopped glowing and his anger subsided "Thanks Phoenix. And just so you know, I think your really sweet too." said Lance. 'He called me sweet! OMI!' said my inner fangirl in my head.

Time Skip: After School for the games
Scott's POV:
I was warming up for the first game with my teammates Lance, Alexis, and Sunflower, "Lance are you sure you want to do this?" I asked, "I'm sure Scott. Besides I'm not just doing this for fun." said Lance, "What do you mean by that?" asked Sunflower. I saw Lance's face turn a very light shade of red so I knew what he meant. 'He's doing this for my little sister, Phoenix. He's a really great guy. And a great friend.' I thought to myself. "I know what you mean by that Lance. And don't worry your secret is safe with me." I said. Lance thanked me for understanding and then the first game was about to start, it was me, Lance, Alexis, and Sunflower against Max, Logan, Lisa, and Sasha in a soccer game.

Alexis's POV:
I was passed the ball by my twin brother and our team already scored ten goals and we only needed one more to win. "Sunflower here you go." I said as I kicked the ball to Sunflower and she was able to score the winning goal for our team. "Nice shot Sunflower." said Lance, "Thanks, I used to play soccer when I was little." said Sunflower.

Time Skip
Mel's POV:
It was the last game and it was a relay race so Vance, Luna, April, and I had to score one last point for our class and we would win the games. It was my turn to finish the race and I was racing a Meif~wa named Dan and he was pretty fast but then again so was I. "Our runners are in the home stretch and their neck and neck. Dan takes the lead, and Mel makes a quick dash and takes the lead. It's going to be close. And the winner is, MEL!" said the announcer.