Chapter 5 Lance's crush on Phoenix

Scott's POV:
It's almost six and my sister and I already asked our mom and dad if we could go to Lance's and Alexis's house for the sleepover and they said yes. "You two ready?" my dad asked, "Well, I'm ready. But Phoenix is still getting ready." I said. "I'm ready now." said Phoenix as she came downstairs with a small bag with some clean clothes and her stuff wolf plush that Lance got her as a birthday present last year and she never went anywhere without it. "Well, let's get going." my dad said, before my sister and I got in the car our mom came out to give us a hug, "Have fun you two." our mom said, "We will mom. Love you." said Phoenix. Then our dad pulled the car out of the driveway and drove me and Phoenix to Lance and Alexis's house. Luckily it wasn't too far but our dad gets kind of worried when Phoenix and I walk to our friend's house by ourselves. Once we got close to their house we saw our other friends along with our other friends along with Lance and Alexis waiting for Phoenix and me.

Phoenix's POV:
While our dad talked with aunt Dottie and uncle Blaze I saw Lance talking with his twin sister, Alexis. I blushed when I saw him and I remembered that I brought the wolf plush that he got me as a birthday present last year and I have never gone anywhere without it with me, well except for school since I don't want people to make fun of me for bringing a stuffed animal to school. "Hey, Phoenix, I'm glad you could make it." said Lance as he walked over to me. I was so excited that Lance said that he was glad that I could make it to the sleepover and I almost screamed with joy, almost. "Yeah, me too." I said as I smiled and felt my face starting to heat up 'Oh my Irene, please don't let Lance see me blushing.' I thought to myself. Then my dad walked over and gave me a hug, "You and your brother have fun alright? And don't cause any trouble, okay." my dad said, "We will stay out of trouble dad, and we will have fun as well. Love you daddy." I said as I hugged him goodbye. Once dad got in his car he drove home and Lance was at the door with his sister and everyone else, "Come on in guys." he said as he opened the door to his house to let us inside. Once we were inside the house I saw aunt Dottie and gave her a hug, "Well, hello to you too Phoenix. How's your mother?" she asked, "Mom's doing good and so is dad." I said and I thought I saw a bit of worry in her eyes but I guess that's just because that I got hurt by the bullies at school and Lance saved me but also ended up getting hurt in the process, and now he has a scar over his left eye. Honestly, I still feel like it was my fault that he got hurt. "Phoenix, listen, what happened to Lance wasn't your fault okay." said aunt Dottie as she saw my sad face. "I can't help but feel like it is my fault though." I told her, "Listen when I was your age the same thing that happened to you also happened to me when I was a student at Phoenix Drop High. Blaze came to save me and in the process, he got a scar over his snooter. At first, I felt the same way you did, guilty. But, when I told Blaze about how I was feeling he told me that I shouldn't go blaming myself that was out of my hands. He knew the risks of fighting Ein and all he wanted to do was protect me." said aunt Dottie. "I never knew that's what happened to uncle Blaze." I said, "Well, we don't talk about it a lot. But, seeing how my son protected you from those awful bullies the way he did, I figured that he must feel very fond of you." said aunt Dottie as she gave me a hug and I felt better for knowing that I don't have to feel guilty about what happened to Lance. "Thanks, aunt Dottie." I said, "Don't mention it sweetie." she said. Then she went around the house making sure that everything was good and came back into the living room. "Alright you kids, I want to make sure that none of you will break anything. And also, have fun." said aunt Dottie as she went upstairs to go to her bedroom with uncle Blaze to go to sleep.

Lance's POV:
"So, what should we do first?" Phoenix asked, "Let's play TRUTH or DARE." said April, "I'm okay with that." said Vance, "Yeah, I'm in." said Luna, "Me too." said my twin sister Alexis, "Why not." I said. We all sat down in the living room and April wanted to go first, "Okay so, Phoenix, truth or dare?" she asked Phoenix, Um, dare." she said, "I dare you to kiss your crush for ten seconds." said April. Phoenix blushed really hard and so did I, "Um, on second thought I'll take a truth." said Phoenix, "Nope, you chose dare. And I know that you are sitting next to your crush." said April. 'OMI! Why did April have to do that?' I thought to myself, "F-fine." said Phoenix as she turned towards me and pulled me in for a kiss. Not gonna lie, it was really nice, but on the other hand, I didn't want Phoenix's and I's first kiss to be in front of our friends. After ten seconds Phoenix and I pulled away and our faces were a blushing mess, "Luna, truth or dare?" Phoenix asked, "Um, truth." said Luna, "Is it true that you have a crush on a certain girl, who's in this room and is sitting right next to you?" Phoenix asked. "Meep." said April and her face lit up like a red Christmas light, "Y-yes." said Luna as her face turned bright red as well.