Plan and Execute

Rhysand

I slept. It was all I could do. I couldn't plan Feyre's escape without falling apart. I couldn't train without losing control of my power, and I couldn't walk around Velaris without thinking of Feyre. Everything I did, everything I thought, was filled with pain and fear and panic.
I did what I could, when I managed to hold my emotions together for long enough to lead with my head and not my heart, but those moments were few and scarce.
If only I had her, had my-
No. I couldn't think of her, not like that. I had to get through the day, had to do something, so I got out of my bed, deciding to follow the smell of food being cooked downstairs. It had only been three days since Feyre was taken, but it felt like an eternity, and in that time nightmares had started to plague my nights.
As I dressed and left downstairs I attempted to shake off my most recent nightmare.

I was back Under the Mountain, whoring myself for Amarantha, showing her everything she wanted to see. She was happy, unconcerned about anything, I'd thought.
We'd spent that night going through the usual paces, and I was about to stop and rest when she spoke. "Oh Rhysand, you naughty boy." She said. I stopped what I was doing and looked quizzically at her. "We're not quite done yet, because you haven't fulfilled our agreement." I looked to her, confusion clear on my face.
"Haven't I?" I asked her, my voice playful, unsure why she was asking me this.
"No." She began to crawl across the bed towards me, kneeling up to reach my ear, her blood red hair grazing my bare chest. She lent towards me, whispering into my ear.
"You haven't given me your wings."
And before I knew it I was kneeling at her feet, my wings spread out behind me. I looked behind me only to find Feyre, a wing in each hand, smile wickedly at me as she tore my beloved wings from my back as I screamed.

I'd had similar dreams the past nights, always containing Amarantha or Tamlin, with Feyre torturing me, or being tortured as I watched helplessly. I hadn't slept properly since Feyre left.
No. Not left. Taken. By Tamlin.
And I was going to get her back, no matter the cost.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen only to find my Inner Circle in there sitting at the table, awaiting the breakfast Mor was cooking up. I joined my family at the table, Cassian immediately bringing me up to speed on their new plans for Feyre's rescue, yet as he spoke I still couldn't shake off the feeling of the dream, needing to repeatedly reming myself that I had my wings, and that I wasn't back Under the Mountain with that bitch.
I suddenly noticed the silence, and I looked up from my plate, which I'd been staring at for a while now, to find my family looking at me expectantly for an answer on cauldron knows what.
"Um, yes, I agree with Amren on this one." I trusted Amren's opinion, one of the reasons why she was my second.
It was Cassian who answered. "So you agree that we should kill everyone in the Spring Court to get Feyre back and then potentially ignite a war with the remaining courts of Prythian as they fight over land with no heir and therefore no claims, and to top it all of allow Hybern direct passage through Spring to Prythian, allowing the King to enslave all of us with ease?"
Crap. Amren smiled at me, and I knew that I had made a little mistake in trusting her on this matter, and made a not not to trust her again when it came to making plans surrounding wars.
"Um... well... ok, fine, I wasn't listening." Mor briefly bought me up to speed. The plan sounded very good, and it was simple enough. It would work perfectly. It had to.
Azriel then took control of the conversation in order to give a report on what his spies had discovered about Feyre."My spies have successfully infiltrated the Spring Court and are posing as two servants in the kitchens. They are due to give a report back to me in four days time, the day that we plan on getting her. Everything is going according to plan, and so long as nothing drastic changes we should be able to go ahead as planned."
Everything was ready to go, except me. I knew that I couldn't save Feyre in the state I was in, so I donned my fighting leathers and headed out to train, determined to work through my problems and be ready to save Feyre four days from then.