Hybern

Feyre

We spent two days planning, and a third going over everything that could go wrong. We decided that we would all go to Hybern, as there was a lot of risk surrounding the journey.

On the third night, as I dressed for bed, Rhys entered the room and hugged me from behind, one hand going to my stomach, which was beginning to swell.

"Would you like a boy or a girl?" He asked me between kisses on my neck.

"I don't mind." I replied. So long as he child was his, I didn't care. "Will it be Illyrian?" I asked.

"They will probably have wings, but I wouldn't want my child to be put through the Illyrian training camps, especially not a daughter."

"I had the same thoughts."

We slid under the covers, and Rhys held me as I slept, his metal wings spread out behind him. We remained that way all night.

We went downstairs dressed in Illyrian fighting leathers to find our family also prepared to enter Hybern.
We were to go into Hybern at nightfall, but we wanted to scope the area first, ensure that everything was in order. We had decided to fly in, not wanting to risk our magic being detected by anyone. Leaving early would give the Illyrians time to recover their strength before infiltrating Hybern.
We all went outside, and Rhys immediately picked me up. Cassian grabbed Mor, and Azriel took Amren, although I knew that Azriel really wanted to take Mor instead.

We shot into the skies, Rhys flying ahead of Cassian and Azriel, using his power to ensure that no one was going to intercept us. We flew under the cover of the clouds, flying so high that the ground was just a green blur. I used a shield of air to allow us to breath easily at that altitude.

We flew for three hours before landing to take a break on the border of Autumn, wanting to rest and to eat before flying through Spring and over to Hybern. We had decided to go through Spring not just for the easy access, but also because I wanted to see if Tamlin had allied with Hybern, if he had betrayed Prythian.

It took another four hours to get to Spring, but saw no sign of troops from Hybern, felt no sign of the King's power within Tamlin's lands.

Satisfied we continued to the west border, seeing the ocean, and in the distance a large island. Hybern.

We landed on a small outcropping of rock, hidden from view by cliffs.

Rhys, using a glamour to hide himself, flew over to Hybern, scouting the land, and finding the small tunnel we would use to get into the castle.
Cassian had informed me that the tunnel used to be a sewage pipe, but it was no longer in use, something I was very glad about.
We waited for Rhys to return, seeing him return after twenty minutes.

"All clear. Everything is as we thought and the guards are currently changing positions, so we will not be seen if we go in now."
At his words he picked me up and we flew over to Hybern.

Are you ready, Feyre darling?

I am. Amren has taught me the spell and I know what I need to do.

We didn't speak any more as we flew, the crossing taking only a few minutes. We finally touched down on solid ground again, Cassian and Azriel only seconds behind us. Mor was immediately at my side as we went in, Rhys at the front with Amren and Cassian behind with Azriel. I could feel Azriel's and Rhys's shadows feeling the darkness, finding the cauldron and leading us to it, but I could have found it without their guidance, as I felt it calling me, drawing me to it.
This way, little one. Come and see me, come and find me.
I could hear it, hear it speak in my head. It felt wrong, as it was so different to what I was used to when I spoke with Rhys.
It was almost pitch black in the tunnels, but Rhys guided us with ease. Finally we came out into a huge cavern, and saw the cauldron in the centre.
The cauldron was huge, it's power drawing everything towards it.
Hurry up little one. Bring me my book. Bring it.
I took a step towards the cauldron, then another, then another, until I was in front of it. Amren has said not to touch the cauldron, that I should say they spell them leave, but I wanted to, so badly.
"Hurry Feyre!" Rhys said. I pulled the two books of breathings from my pocket, careful to keep them separate.