Run

Feyre

I turned, trying to find a way out of the mess I was in, and opted to act my way out.
"What are you talking about, Tam?" I asked him, feigning confusion, ensuring that I looked at Tamlin with the longing I'd seen Ianthe use when facing Rhys in his memories.
"I just came from Ianthe's temple, and no one can winnow in here, so it would have been impossible for Ianthe to beat me here." Shit. "So I will ask you again, what are you doing in here, Feyre?" His claws were freed, and I took one of the daggers hidden in my robes out, preparing to run, the odds of me winning a fight in the middle of a war camp near to impossible. I shifted back into my own skin, the robes becoming slightly too tight, and I removed the cloak and silver circlet from my brow.
"I am here to save my court, to save Prythian." I said, and allowed my power to rise to the surface, allowed Tamlin to see the fire in my eyes as I stared him down. He answered with a growl, and fangs replaced his sparkling teeth. The guard walked into the tent, swords drawn, and murderous looks on their faces.
I began to back away, moving around the cauldron, but the guards went around the other way, blocking my exit. I was trapped, cornered between two groups, and Tamlin guarding the exit.
"Don't even try, Feyre, you won't win." Tamlin drawled, no sign of the male that had stared at me with love. "I will enjoy having you back here, enjoy seeing the pain on your piece of shit mate's face when he sees what I will do to you, when I break you. I don't need you to love me to enjoy you in my bed." I tried to show no emotion, tried to keep my face blank, but flinched at his words, and I realised that the guards were not preparing to kill me, but to capture me instead. "I don't want to kill you, at least not until this war is over. You will release the power you stole back to the High Lords, and that will not be in our favour, will it?"
The guards moved closer, and I drew another blade, moving my feet into a fighting stance. But it was not with steel that I lashed out, but with fire. A wall of flames flew towards the guards on my left, forcing them to run away, or else die. I turned to the other guards, and slashed one of my daggers in a wide ark, drawing blood to the nearest guard as he backed away, though not enough to avoid harm. I kept the flames burning high as Tamlin walked towards me, his pace slow, the guards dropping behind him, as if he wasn't afraid of me.
Big mistake.
The guards that had been behind me walked around the cauldron, coming up behind Tamlin, but they didn't come any closer, joining the other guards behind the High Lord. Tamlin shifted completely, and launched himself at me, but I jumped back, slashing at his snarling face as he came into the range of my daggers. I turned and ran, forcing the guards away from the exit with a blast of wind and hardening it around the tent behind me as I ran out, keeping the males in there, their shouts unheard as they tried to break the shield. I ran between the command tents, listening out for sounds of soldiers around me, using the shadows and darkness to keep me hidden, until I found an empty tent, and I threw myself in there, masking my scent and breathing as I tried to figure out a way to escape.
Rhys, I'm being hunted by Tamlin, and I don't know how I can get out unseen.
I felt his rage and concern rush down the bond. We can't get in, can't get through the wards. If you can get outside of the wards I will winnow in immediately and grab you, but I can't come into the land yet, not whilst you are still in there, because your presence will be realised quickly. You are a wolf, and you cannot be caged.
I shut him out, needing to have my head clear as I raided the tent, finding more weapons and some armour, which I would be unable to take with me, and some sturdier clothing; leather trousers and a shirt, boots that were slightly too big for me replacing the flimsy shoes I had worn. A roar shook the earth, telling me that Tamlin had escaped, that my time was up, and I ran from the tent, hiding within the shadows as I made my way towards the edge of the wards, trying to outrun the beast on my tail.
But my luck quickly ran out, and I scented Tamlin nearby, following me as I ran through the camp. Soon enough there were soldiers running after me as well, and they were closing in fast. I cleared the command tents, but all of the troops from Hybern were out of their tents, and I couldn't get through without raising an alarm, so I quickly backtracked, only to find Tamlin to a path to my right, back in fae form, and Jurian opposite him, four vicious looking dog like beasts leashed next to him.
"What a treat you will be for the King when he returns." Jurian said, his voice chilling me to the core. Even if his body was that of a mortal, there was nothing human about him.
"I will not be anyone's prisoner again." I growled as the soldiers accumulated behind me, staring at what was going on.
"Liar. You always are and always will be a liar, Feyre Archeon." Jurian said, and he released the beasts by his side, beasts that immediately ran for me and attempted to kill me in any way possible using their vicious claws and sharp teeth. I looked around frantically, but only one way wasn't blocked, the way that returned to the centre of the camp, towards the cauldron.
No matter how fast I ran, those beasts were faster, and even with my Illyrian training. I ran as fast as I could, but I couldn't escape them, so I changed my fae limbs for claws of fur, my hands and feet for paws, and fingers for claws. Fur, grey fur, grew over my form as I continued running, faster and sturdier on all fours.
I was a wolf. I was a wolf that could never be caged.
I roared, loud enough for my mate to hear from the door he was waiting him, but it wasn't a call for help, it was a promise, a promise that I would return to him, that I was coming, and that no one would be able to stop me.
I raced past the tents, running to the other side of the camp, determined to reach the other side of the camp and leave the wards that way. I had no other options; if I ran to my left I would have reached a cliff, too far from the no wards to winnow out. To my right were more soldiers. The only way out was to run through the camp and out the other side.
I was fast, very fast, but only just fast enough to escape the beasts, only there was a fifth one on my trail. Tamlin, who was back in beast form, and catching up to me, running at me from the side, getting closer and closer, and he was going to cut me off from the exit. My options had gone from one to none.
Fly Feyre, fly.
Rhys's voice pounded through my head, giving me one choice, one stupid choice that could kill me. I changed my path, turning towards the cliff, and I outstripped all of the beasts behind me, reaching the cliff in minutes.
I exchanged my fur for skin, my paws for hands and feet, and wings sprung from my back. I jumped off the cliff, my wings spreading out wide, wind tickling the sensitive parts of the membrane. I'd never learnt how to properly fly, but I'd become an expert at gliding, and the cliff was high enough that I wouldn't hit the ground until I was far beyond the wards.
I didn't know how the shapeshifting worked, but my clothes and their contents, including the dagger and the letters from Hybern's allies. Tamlin's snarls could be heard from the camp, but I didn't dare look behind me, didn't dare see how much distance I'd managed to put between us.
But they weren't going to let me go that easily, as ash arrows flew past me, getting closer and closer until they grazed my skin, and eventually one pierced my wing, and another, and another, until I was falling, the pain too much to bear. I only had enough sense to force a blast of warm air to push me further forward, and across the wards as I fell to the ever nearing ground, getting close enough that I could see the rocks.
Where are you where are you where are you.
I was going to black out, the blood soaking through my borrowed shirt, but warm hands embraced me, and I knew the scent of the male as he winnowed us away, landing us in the cave I'd last seen him.
"I'm right here." Rhys murmured into my ear as he kissed me.
That was the last thing I remembered as I blacked out.