The High Lady

Feyre

It had been amazing. Rhys hadn't held back, giving me everything he'd had. Although he tried to hide it, I could tell he was still in pain from lying on his back, but no matter how hard I protested, fearing for his wellbeing, he had insisted we continued, and I had been more than happy to comply.
I had worried at first that I wasn't ready to make love to another yet, not after Tamlin, but Rhys had been careful, allowing me to set the pace, and home following my lead even when it tortured him.

We dressed in silence, and kissed once more before leaving the town house, determined to find our friends and tell them the news. We didn't have to go far though, as we found them outside the door, where they beamed up at us, and I thought I saw tears sparkling in their eyes, even Amren's.
No one said a word, but I knew that they were happy for us. More than that even. But the night took a turn when Cassian looked my way, and Rhys losed a growl.
Shit.
Fae males became so territorial after a mating bond took place, and would kill anyone who even breathed in their mate's direction. And Rhys was no different. But Cassian knew this, and I realised that he was baiting Rhys on purpose, forcing him to release all his anger and emotion. I hoped he knew what he was doing.
"You two seem well." We were all silent, watching the two males stare at each other. "Feyre, are you ready for round two? I hear that I have a much larger wingspan than Rhysand here, even more so now a days." Rhys growled at him, his body going taught, all of his self control being used to stay grounded. "Come in Feyre darling, show me what you have got. I want to see how much fire Beron gave you." He reaches his hand towards me.
Rhys snapped, launching himself at Cassian, who grabbed him and winnowed into the air, dropping him from a thousand feet up. But without his wings, Rhys just plummeted, trying to find some way of gaining control of his descent in order to winnow away.

He did, and winnowed right to Cassian, grabbing him before winnowing once more, far far away.
"We should go." Said Mor. "They will be at it for a while."

It took them three hours. I felt Rhys's thoughts down our bond, most of them of love, but many were images of our mating, which he vowed to recreate when we were next alone. Soon, hopefully.
The males winnowed in to the town house and sat down on a couch, as far apart as they could be in the space. I sat on Rhys's lap, his hand making lazy circles on my back, Cassian careful not to meet our eyes. Smart male.
"We need to ally ourselves with the Court of Nightmares If we are to win this war." Amren said, voicing Azriel's words from earlier; we had agreed that only Mor, me and Amren should talk to Rhys in order to avoid him snapping again and turning the house to rubble.
Rhys tensed at her words, but I sent thoughts of love to him, keeping him calm when he was so close to going off he edge.
"I know." Was all he said, his hand moving lower, taunting me. Torture. "We shall go in three days time. That will give us enough time to plan." He was taking the news surprisingly well, although I could tell that he was struggling to adjust to the new mating bond.
Unable to stand it any longer I turned by body so that I faced him, and I began to place feather light kisses along his jaw. They drove him insane.
"Cauldron help me." Was all Mor said before leaving with the others, Cassian pausing to wave at me, making Rhys growl once more.
I love you Rhys.
I sent my thoughts down the bond, which now as strong as our other one was, maybe even more so now.
I love you too Feyre darling.
I felt him relax against me, no longer territorial. Good. We needed him to calm down, although I didn't think that our current activities would be described as calming.

"We have to go to the temple." He said, clearly upset that we had to leave.
"What for?" I wasn't aware of this.
"We need to be officially mated before our priestess to make it official." I groaned, reluctant to get off my mate. "I also want to make you my High Lady."
I froze at that, and felt his alarm through the bond.
Tamlin said that there were no High Ladies in Prythian
I don't want to go by Tamlin's laws, I want to go by ours, and I think the world needs a High Lady. What do you think?
I would be honoured, Rhys.

We entered the temple to find the priestess at her alter. The whole place was made to look like a night sky, with every surface painted black, and stars set in constellations moving across the sky. It was incredible.
"High Lord Rhysand, what can I do for you?" She asked, her voice seeming to come from everywhere.
Rhys smiled at the priestess, and turned to me. "Are you sure you want this?" He asked, his voice soft.
"Of course I'm sure, my love." And I was telling the truth.
He smiled, turning back to the priestess. "We would like to be officially mated, and I wish to declare Feyre Archeon the High Lady of the Night Court." The priestess smiled at us and gestures for us to come to her alter where we stood opposite each other, our hands linked across the table. "Repeat after me, my Lord." Was all she said. "I, Rhysand, High Lord of the Night court take you, Feyre Archeon, to be my mate for all eternity." We each said the lines, and a few more. Once we finished our mating vows our entwined hands began to grow warm, but still comfortable, and dark swirls of ink began to spread up our arms, marking us as mates. They were beautiful.

Then Rhys began to declare me his High Lady, and the tattoo on my arm continued to grow, declaring me a High Lady to anyone who saw me.
I love you Rhys.
As I you, Feyre darling.