chapter v.

The battle of Black Water Bay was the first battle that had ever really involved Taliya to an extent and that extent being stuck in a room with her sister, Lady Sansa and many frightened hens as Cersei liked to call them

The battle of Black Water Bay was the first battle that had ever really involved Taliya to an extent and that extent being stuck in a room with her sister, Lady Sansa and many frightened hens as Cersei liked to call them. It was the first time that if her father did not win, she would be one of the first to be killed.

Taliya could recall Robert's rebellion quite well baring in mind the fact that she was of ten and six when it occurred. Her father had left her, her sister and Tyrion at Casterly Rock in order to keep them safe. Whereas, Jaime was stuck in the middle of King's Landing guarding the Mad King who wanted their father's head. The sisters had prayed together, even though neither of them believed in any of the gods, for their father's victory and for their brother's safety. Hand in hand, the two young lionesses sat between the sheets of Cersei's bed, cross legged, wishing for their family's future. But, this time was different.

The lioness found herself in the Queen's quarters surrounded by women praying. She on the other hand had a goblet of wine attached to her lips as she watched her sister roll her eyes at every frantic and distressed woman that spoke or attempted to speak or pray with her. And for some reason unbeknownst to her, Taliya was bored. Their lives may have been at risk, but she finished her goblet before reaching to fill it again as she desperately searched the room for anything relatively interesting to keep herself amused.

Then she heard the the red-haired Stark open her mouth. "I don't know why she wants me here," the young girl stated, "she's always saying how stupid I am," Sansa added as Taliya caught her sister's gaze before looking to the girl and her handmaiden, "she hates me,"

"maybe she hates you less than she hates everyone else," the handmaiden suggested

"I doubt it," Sansa muttered,

"maybe she's jealous of you," the dark-haired handmaiden said as Taliya brushed past the pair,

"poor girl," Taliya chuckled as she sat down beside her sister,

"Sansa," Cersei called,

"don't," Taliya sighed as she watched the Stark begin to walk over to them,

"you looked bored," Cersei smiled to her sister,

"please don't scare her," the younger Lannister insisted,

"I was wondering where our little dove had flown," Cersei spoke as she glanced to her sister beside before looking to the young girl in front of her, "you look pale, child,"

"a woman now, surly," Taliya smiled as she watched the girl before her,

"is your red flower still blooming?"