chapter xiii.

She never thought she would end up with child again, but here she was

She never thought she would end up with child again, but here she was. She did not think she could ever love something again as much as she had loved her two boys. They were good kids, truly good, with not a single drop of evil in them. She missed them and a day did not go by that her heart would not ache for them.

But her hands were clasped tightly and protectively around her ever-growing bump. As soon as she had felt it's first movement she knew, even with her doubts, that she would love this one as much as she had her boys. She would protect this one as best as she could. She would give her own life for it and would never ever let what happened to her boys happen to this one.

She looked up to Jaime, trying to read what he was thinking. She was sure he would also protect this child as fiercely as he would have the last if their father had told him who his forces were marching towards. Jaime had been fuming, absolutely consumed by rage when she had told him what had happened. He had wanted to go confront their father, but she had persuaded him otherwise. It did not matter how angry he was or how many tears she shed there was nothing they could do to bring back their son.

Taliya may have lost her sons, but her sister still had all three of her children alive and well. It had torn away at her heart a little as she had watched the Red Keep prepare for what was sure to be one of the largest and most expensive weddings to ever grace the capital of the seven kingdoms. She had wished it was one of her own sons getting married, she had dreamed of her sons' wedding a beautiful bride, one as beautiful as herself on her wedding day, but unfortunately for Taliya that day would never come.

"This could have been our son," she whispered to Jaime as they strolled through the water gardens towards the reception for King Joffrey's wedding,

"i know," he replied as she saw the pain behind his deep green eyes.

He had rarely seen his son. The world could not know it was his son so Taliya let her husband raise him as his own. Jaime had come to visit his sister and his son a handful of times, but from just those few stolen moments with his son, Taliya knew that he loved their son and he would have done anything for him.

"Jayse-" she watched her brother say before shaking his head and looking to his sister, "he would have loved this,"

"he would have," she replied with a small sad smile upon her lips.

Their son had always longed to visit King's Landing. He never fitted in up in the North, but no lion did. He wanted to become a King's guard like his uncle. He wanted to protect the weak and defend the innocents. Jayse was always too good for their world.