Prologue

"I can't help you anymore." Anne calls into the dark, empty house. The old woman had to put a hand on the doorframe to keep her balance.

She was weak, too old to be playing games with the dead. She spent the last fifty years keeping them all happy and satisfied, today was her last day.

"But we are still here, Anne, you can't stop." The voice wasn't one she was used to. He was usually the only one who spoke to Anne, but now it was her time and the others would come.

Anne tried to play nice with all of them, he warned her not to, but she did. "I am too old." She says in an exhausted, frightened tone.

"Then you are of no use to us anymore." Three of them step out of the shadows and Anne takes a ragged breath. She looks over them and she sees him hiding behind the corner. He was just as afraid as she was.

"I have been good to you!" Anne says and backs up. Her feet catch on a rug and she falls and she screams as a pain shoots through her hip.

"Yes, you have." The tallest shadow leans over here and Anne closes her eyes as an intense pain fills her chest and she screams again.
-
The letter was mailed within two days of the death of Anne Bowsky. The receiver of the letter was widow Maggie Bowsky, mother of two kids, an honor student and a degenerate.

"She died at the age of 92 in her home. She was said to have died of a heart attack." Maggie Bowksy reads aloud the letter received in the mail.

Maggie was a tall, slim woman in her forties. She had black hair laced with silver and she always had a kind smile. She was an interior designer and the house just given to her was surely her new project.

Her two children, Johnny and Rose Carson, stood behind her as she read it and neither of the two were happy.

"Mom, you can't be serious." Rose mutters. She was the most unhappy of the two. She did not want to leave.

"Yep. It seems we have inherited a house. How exciting, it's so old. Imagine the work I could do to it." Maggie exclaims with a smile as she looks at her daughter.

Rose was a petite, dark headed girl just like her mother. She had piercing blue eyes and the strength of a baby. Despite being the problem of the family and being seventeen years of age, she didn't struggle with normal teen things like boys and grades, she struggled with confidence and self-awareness.

Johnny was her twin brother. He was everything she lacked. Strong, well liked, and smart. They were complete opposites in every way. Johnny had confidence and Rose had her fists.

"I think it could be fun." He says and bumps her with his shoulder. She is jolted slightly, he was considerably bigger than she was. She scowls at him and shakes her head. Rose knew he was lying and only trying to make their mom happy

"This is how every movie starts out though," Rose argues. She didn't want to leave Broken Arrow to live in some creepy house. Rose wanted to finish school where she was and not move half way across the country.

"Don't be that way. Look here, it says we have a couple days to confirm and everything. Think it over. It'll be fun." Maggie says and hugs her daughter.

"Yeah, fun until we die a totally rigged death." Rose says but no one listens to her, so she crosses her arms. Rose was skeptical of this whole situation. Things like this don't just pop up.

Rose stands in the doorway of the living room of their apartment and she sighs in exasperation. She turns to Johnny, but he is already turning and leaving her there in the doorway. She picks up the disgarded letter and reads over it. She sits on their couch in their small apartment and puts her bare feet on the coffee table

"Oh, Anne, did you really have to make my life hell when your time was up?" Rose says slowly as she reads it once more. "I can't believe this." She says and tosses the paper behind her.

-----------
Sorry it's so short but it's the only one of this length. And also sorry if there are any mistakes. I'll come back and fix it but I was in a hurry to get it out here.