7 - Don't Be Scared

Rose made a mental note of how it is a lot easier to be brave when it isn't dark. She should probably do this stuff in thr morning.

She stood in the middle of her room and she didn't know what do expect as she stood there calling for him to stop hiding. She knew he was there, so was there really a point?

Rose felt stupid, even if she knew she wasn't. She knew this was ridiculous and silly, but she knew she wasn't stupid. She wasn't dreaming or hallucinating.

"Come out... right now," She demands in a hesitant voice. Rose was afraid that now that she was asking, he really would and she didn't know if she was truly ready for that. "I don't know what to call you other than McGee. So march on out here before I have to hold a seance or something." She says and puts her hands in her black pajama bottom pockets, trying to hold them still and she waits impatiently.

Rose tried to appear nonchalant about it, but she was terrified. She honestly wanted to go home. She didn't have to deal with this in Broken Arrow.

"So demanding for a living girl." The voice says but still no one there. Rose stands in her room and she looks around.

"So?" Rose retorts back. She didn't want him to just pop out wherever he wanted and scare the life out of her, so she tried to keep her eyes on the entire room.

"Hasn't anyone ever taught you to respect the dead?" The lights slightly flickered and then the closet door clicks open.

"I have... I have a cross here." She says, motioning to the pountless object on her bed. "That usually works in movies." She says and then frowns. He was over two-hundred years old, did he even know what movies were?

"Movies? No, that won't work." He says.

"Hasn't anyone ever taught you to not be dramatic? What's with the flickering lights and all that?" She says with a reddened face.

Rose braces herself as a man walks out of the closet. He stands there with his shoulders straight and, ironically enough, a lively look in his eye. He wore dark colored jeans and plain white shirt. In no way did he look happy or even alive, other than his eyes. His eyes were a mirror of her own and she felt sick at sick of her own reflection.

"Who are you?" She asks him.

"McGee." He says simply.

"Your first name." Rose says and crosses her arms. Rose was shorter than him by quite a bit, but in no way did she want to appear less than him.

"I don't remember," He says in a small, sad voice and in an instant the tough act vainshes from Rose.

Rose watches as his eyes turn from her and flash with many things and many colors then his gaze snaps back to her. "I need your help." He says urgently.

"Of course you do, they always want something," She says and quickly moves back as he takes a step toward her. She was afraid of him. "Stay away from me. At least three feet."

"Don't be scared," He says quickly. "Please don't, I'm harmless." McGee tries to reassure her but Rose only narrows her eyes at him.

"Why shouldn't I? You're dead, you scared the crap out of me last night. I know I wasn't dreaming," Rose says and he walks across her room picks up a withered book. "What were you going to do to me, anyway? Eat my soul or something?"

"Eat your soul- what? No. I was going to hurt you... but you were like me," He says in a low tone. "You are like me, and I knew you could be the one. I don't know much, but I think I did something that made them unhappy. Will you help me fix it?"