11 - Liar

Cameron greeted Rose at the doors and Johnny stood behind her with a cold look in his eye. "Be good, Rose." Johnny says without looking at her and then he leaves. Cameron only raises an eyebrow and Rose sighs, she didn't know what to say.

"Um, my brother is convinced you are gonna be a bad influence." Rose mumbles and Cameron simply nods his head.
"The McGwires I'm guessing? The lot of them are liars, they hate us because of Calvin." He says and Rose walks along beside him down the hall. "My brother died a couple years ago On the estate you live on. A group of went up there as a dare when Mrs. Bowsky was alive. He drowned in the lake and they never found him." He says and Rose stops.

"There is a lake up there?" She asks and he looks surprised.

"You didn't know that? Well, yeah. There are lots of things in the woods, that's why they all went out there." He says and casually shrugs.

"Of course, what else would they do with a haunted house?" Rose says and snorts.

"My thoughts exactly," Cameron says and then stops outside of a student imfested room.

"Aren't you a little concerned, though?" Rose asks and he shakes his head.

"Sorry if I don't sound too upset over my brother, he wasn't a very nice guy and we weren't close." Cameron says and goes into the classroom.
-
Dear Diary,
Brother spent a lot of time in the basement. He came up dirty and sweaty, Doug told me to ignore him, maybe he is digging his own grave. I didn't like that.

"What are you reading?" Cameron asks Rose as he sits down beside her at the lunch table. She shuts the book and slides it casually under her bag.
"An old book I found in my house." She says and shrugs.

"Has anyone been possessed yet? Any creepy sightings?" He asks her with a smile and she is hesitant for a moment. Rose geos to say no but she doesn't say anything at all and she frowns. "Oh, what's that look about?"

"It's just a creepy old mansion. Of course it looks like it's gonna have something in it, but I'm sure it doesn't." Rose says and Cameron smirks.

"Not scared easily, I'm guessing. Never met a girl who wasn't afraid of the dark or a ghost." He says and Rose rolls her eyes.

"I'm realistic. Ghosts aren't real and only a baby is afraid of the dark." Rose says. She found out ghosts are real and she is now terrified of the dark.

"Well, I keep a light in just in case something wants to snatch my face, you know?" He says with a small smile. "We should hang out sometime, like go to the movies or something."

"Oh, um, sure." She says and tries to keep a straight face. Rose has never been asked l to go to the movies before.

"Or we could go ghost hunting." He says and smirks and she chuckles, shaking her head.

"You don't want to hang out with me, you want a shot at my house." Rose say and he laughs. He stands and adjusts the dark blue sweater and he smiles.

"I'll still take you to the movies if you still want go with me. But maybe before ghost hunting, I don't want the fear of ghosts to kill the vibe." He says and leaves her at the table. She looks over at the table Johnny sits at and he is just staring blankly at her. Rose looks away ans struggles to keep the smile off her lips.
-
Rose got in the backseat of the car and she wasn't paying attention as Johnny turned to glare at her. "You are going in a date? Who are you?" He asks her and Maggie smiles from the front.

"It's not like that," Rose says quickly and her brother shakes his head. "Johnny, shut up." She says.

"Who is it?" Maggie asks from the front. "Is it the Gallagher boy?" Rose simply nods and leans her head on the window.

"Can we just go home? I don't feel like discussing this." Rose mumbles.

As Maggie pulls into the driveway, Rose is out of the car before it is parked and she is running into the house and up the stairs. She flies past McGee. who stands at the bottom of the stairs and she barely sees him and she goes straight to her room.

"What do you wear on a date?" She asks herself as she rummages through her newly stocked closet. She pushes aside a shirt and screams when she sees McGee standing with his arms crossed. "McGee! Oh, you scared me." She says and presses her hand over here heart.

"You're leaving?" He asks her and steps out of her closet. "We have so much to do, you can't leave." He says as if the idea of her being gone is ridiculous.

"It's just one night," Rose pleads. "I won't even be gone that long, just a couple hours. In fact, I think I have a small lead we can discuss when I get home." She tells him in order to sway his opinion.

"Just a couple hours?" He asks and she reassures him. "Okay, what do young people do on dates?" McGee asks and sits on the edge of her bed. Rose noticed he looks different. He didn't look as... Well, dead. His skin wasn't grey like it usually was and he looked as if he were as real as Rose was.

"Cameron is taking me to the movies. He is a boy from school." She says and pulls out a pink shirt she has had for years and then quickly puts it away. Rose didn't like pink.

"Oh, so this Cameron is courting you?" McGee asks and Rose quickly shakes her head.

"God, no. Doesn't that involve marriage? I just met him, I don't want to marry him." She says and McGee looks confused.

"Why not? Isn't it time? He asks.

"I'm only seventeen, I'm too young to marry. I don't want to marry anyone just yet," She says and as she does, Rose realizes that McGee isn't from her time and he probably doesn't quite understand. "Things are different from how they were back then. People, like me, enjoy their independence."

"Well, I assume all that is lovely, but if you are independent all the time and never settle, wont you be alone as well?" He asks and Rose sets out a grey shirt and faded skinny jeans.

"I'll have Johnny and mom." She says and shrugs.

"I suppose so, but not always," McGee says and stands. He takes a diary from the box and smiles. "I apologize for prying, I'll leave you to get ready." He says and leaves.
-
Dear Diary,
Rosaline told me to call her Rose today because she thought the name would make her prettier. Doug and I told her she was silly. Later brother told me I had to respect Rosaline's wishes, she wants to be noticed as a woman. I think she is crazy.

"How fitting for the situation," Rose says with great sarcasm and puts the small diary back in the box. "Leave it to a little girl to sum up how stupid dating it. Thanks." She says and reaches for her phone as it vibrates, Rose was horrible with timing. Cameron would be there any moment and she wasn't completely ready.

Johnny and Maggie decided they didn't want to be there without her so they went out a couple hours ago.

Which meant that Rose had the entire house to herself. Something that made her uneasy, considering she hadn't been able to get McGee to answer her for quite some time.

She stands and quickly runs a brush through her hair and tugs on her shoes. She goes to grab her jacket, but it has fallen in the floor.

Rose reaches down to grab it and it's pulled under the bed. She backs up snd stares at the small space. "McGee..." She calls out and gets nothing back. Her heart hammers as the first bruised and busted hand appears from under the bed. "McGee, I need you." She says it louder as the blonde head pokes out from the spaces and crawls out. "Oh, God." Rose says and feels the contents of her stomach try to come back up as the head twists and she can see the face. Dull eyes stare at her and Rose gaga at the sight of the black and red flesh and at the oozing hole in the middle of her forehead. This wasn't Gwen.

She starts crawling toward her and Rose has no more room to back up. "McGee, I'm seriously, man!" She yells loudly and two more hands shoot out from under the bed and grabbed the girl's ankles and pull her back under the bed.

Rose quickly runs from the room and down the stairs. She sees headlights out the window so she opens the door. She turns and looks down the hall and sees three figures standing at the very end as she slams the door.