Epilogue

One Year Later

Rose stood at the newly done graveyard with two bundles of roses in her hands at the newly replaced headstone of Andrew McGee. The dates they were born were correct and so were they dates that they died.

Rose places the flowers on the ground and one on Gwen's next time him. "So, I'm graduating soon," She says out loud. "It's scary, you know? I'm going to be an adult. I'm going off to college with Cameron and Johnny. I've got a steady relationship with Cameron and mom and I patched things up." She says and looks down at her nails. The polish was chipping off and she sighs.

The sun was shining down on the area and she admired how nice it looked now. Mr. McGwire paid a lot of money to have headstones made to have the gardener to clean the place up.

"Oh, speaking of gardening, you remember Jesse? Yeah, apparently he and mom had a weird thing going on and they are going to get married. Out of all the things I said would happen, I honestly didn't see that coming. She is going to have a baby boy. His name is going to be Andrew." Rose says and smiles at that one. She and Johnny were able to sway Maggie and Jesse's judgment towards that name. All the times Maggie went out late to work, she was actually meeting Jesse.

Rose stands and brushed the grass and dirt off her pants. "They remodeled the kitchen and dining room. They are moving on to the second floor. Surprisingly enough, the basement looked as if it hasn't been touched. Everything was normal and she didnt remember anything. Neither did Mr. McGwire, who apparently is your grandson, like Anne. They were cousins. Which makes you my grandfather, too." She says and laughs.

She walks over amd places her hand on the warm headstone and her eyes burn. "I miss you quite a bit, but I know you are happy. You were my best friend. I'll be back to see you soon." Rose says and the wind blows and the leaves rustle behind a tree close to her. She ses a small flash of blue and she smiles brightly.
-
"Hey, where did you go?" Maggie asks as she steps out to the porch and Jesse carries a box in. "Cameron is here looking for you."

"I had flowers for McGee, I figured I would take them out there for them." Rose says and smiles. Maggie pats her shoulder and sends her inside.

Rose rubs the spot her mother touched. Sometimes she feels a distant pain there, but she doesn't mind. It's a reminder that McGee was real, because sometiems she feels as if she was dreaming the whole thing.

She walks down the now white and tiled hallway until she finds her brother and Cameron in the living room, a room once stacked with things now spacious and up to date.

"Hey." She says and walks over to the chair and sits on the arm of it beside Cameron, who smiles up at her.

"Hey, where were you?" He asks.

"I had to do something." She says and they both stand.

"Ready to go to the movies?" He asks when and takes her hand. Rose nods and they both leave.